The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Good News... Bad News...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vincent Viceroy
Admin

Good News... Bad News... Empty
PostSubject: Good News... Bad News...   Good News... Bad News... EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 9:32 pm

John looked at Commander T'Zohl as the pair sat in the Quasar Quest Conference Room watching the hearing at Starbase 185 as Star Fleet Officer chastised Commodore Alexander Paige for two events. One being the failure to demonstrate Federation Superiority in the race with the T-Rex and Two the lose of the Dilithium Refuelling Station, a critical stop over point in exploration and colonization of the Beta Quadrant. Once again, the Federation is dependent on delivery of the Omega Enriched Dilithium from the Phoenix Federation. Dependence on foreign energy is a curse burdened by many a superpower throughout history.

John laughed at the synergy between his career and that of Commodore Paige as the verdict was read. Alexander was stripped of his Commodore status for the second time in his career but permitted to keep command of the Washington and to continue his mission: The observation and monitoring of the activity of the Phoenix Federation and border patrol between the Phoenix Federaton and the United Federation of Planets.

Alexander was furious but understood the punishment. At least he would get to keep his ship. Alexander vented on Caleb Faulkner who was demoted to Commander out of the incident. Alexander blamed Faulkner for the DRS incident and demoted his fellow PF defector to Chief of Operations leaving the Washington without an executive officer.

The good news is Paige paid a big price for the loss of the DRS but the bad news is he came shopping in the Phoenix Federation. Alexander, now back in full time command of the Washington could make full crew decisions. He quickly contacted his daughter, Clarissa raiding the young lady from the Phoenix Fleet. Worse yet, Clarissa was followed by her young lover, Harper Todd. Todd, a former engineer superstar of the Omega Academy and a darling of the graduating class is now serving in Star Fleet.

The USS Washington did a fly by next to Governor's Station to gloat about their defectors. The call to Summer Vasa was made by Vermont Viceroy. Summer was in a state of shock.

"This is Commander Vermont Viceroy, Executive Officer of the USS Washington requested Phoenix Federation Clearance for a Beta Quadrant flight plan approval.", Monty spoke.

Summer looked at Commodore Tan, "What the hell?"

Monty Viceroy, retired Phoenix Fleet Officer and cousin of Vincent had shockingly accepted the position of Executive Officer aboard the Washington. Summer was shocked but Vanessa was furious that her mentor had defected.

The truth is it was further evidence that Wells City and its senior, mostly retired population remained deeply loyal to Star Fleet and the United Federation of Planets. Wells City was left without a mayor.

This is something that was easily adjusted. Belvedere Brown's young son, often seen with Nicole Branson is now age 3 and will require play group. Bell has often said that when Buddy is ready for schooling, he will step down as Phoenix Defence League commanding officer. With Monty heading back to space, now was the time. Belvedere Brown was selected by acclamation by Governor T'tan upon the time of the announcement of his plans. The Antican hero will serve as Wells City mayor to help make the city more "Phoenix".

Evangeline Todd, "Vengeance" takes over as Phoenix Defence League commanding officer becoming the second female to hold the prestigious post. Evangeline headed the Vultures on the Tanmesad, a feared Cardassian Infantry blend and will serve the colony well. Todd, a former street gang member served the Defence League during the Romulan occupation. She will be just fine.

John was raided by the Washington losing several members of his staff including his protege Harper Todd and Clarissa Paige, his own version of a defector. John was not about to be in space without an engineer and doctor on his senior staff. John quickly contacted Meadow about joining his crew. Meadow was the XO of the Diana but this was an opportunity to be on the Flagship. John also promised her a home for Mac. Meadow agreed. She was through with Dominic. The thrill on the conquest with the young graduate was over. T'Zohl was not very thrilled to have the notorious flake on her ship, but Meadow has an impressive resume.

T'Zohl chastised John for bringing Meadow aboard because he thought he could "score" with legendary nympho. John laughed, "Then you will love my new Chief Engineer."

Ru'on Dey'lo, the Baku Engineer who served as a consultant on Station Destiny walked onto the bridge. Dey'lo and T'Zohl have a one night stand history. T'Zohl looked at John and gave a small smile.

The reorganization got Rear Admiral Viceroy involved. Vincent ordered the senior instructors of the Omega Academy to get more field experience to help these students grow. The trouble demonstrated time and time again is that these young people are well trained but they have never had to make decisions in a crisis.

The request has convinced Dr. Caesar Shepard to join his son in space. The Antican will serve as Chief Medical Officer on the Plato. His military expertise will seriously help Casper Wells and his staff become better officers and better people.

Dominic was very sad to lose Meadow in two ways. The sex was incredible but also her involvement in the Amy Turin assistance in the darkness was invaluable. Dominic went to Amy, "Do you want to be my new XO?"

"Are you sure that is okay?", Amy asked. She had been reprimanded severely over the lose of the Archangel.

"My ship, my decision.", Montgomery responded. He was finally growing into the role of Captain. He was also leaving the shadow his father and grandfather. Dominic also secretly wanted to try Amy out... wink! wink!

He created his own problems by replacing Meadow with Dr. Christina Lodge, the former concubine of Tania Branson. Christina was in the lounge aboard the Diana for the celebration dinner for the new crew and kissed Amy. The pair left together. Dominic may have inadvertently hired his own challenger for the affection of his new XO.

Giancarla demonstrated amazing skill as a pilot and an officer in the T-Rex race. She would have been a perfect member of the crew of the T-Rex but Vincent's orders to reorganize peaked her interest when she was asked by Gul Vash Enranet to return to the Tanmesad. Guinea Pig loved Anna. She had given her more chances than anyone, particularly to be more than just a doctor, but this was a great opportunity to return to the a great ship. Worse yet for Anna, Giancarla convinced Commander S'Ari to come back too.

Anna was left without two key members of her staff when the Federation is increasing its delivery requirements. Geyn Cheko is growing very tired of this arrangement. His prestigious position as slipstream pilot aboard the USS Tongue, the space yacht of Nicole Branson was taken by a stupid grumbling Xindi and now Commander S'Ari returns to the Tanmesad to steal his position as Flight Commander. Gecko quickly offered his services to Anna. The Saurian is a damn fine pilot. He will make a fine addition to the T-Rex and his lizard history is a perfect metaphor for the aptly named T-Rex.

Gecko had but on condition, Caitlin Wu, the dangerous double crossing spy be named Chief of Operations. Anna needed Gecko. She had no choice. No one trusts Caitlin but she is part of the Gecko package. Anna looked at Caitlin and Gecko, "Welcome aboard."

The confusion made it very difficult to coordinate any response to the darkenss of the EMP weapon fired on the colony. Vincent and John could barely communicate with each other for more than brief seconds.

Elora and Vincent were in the Federation Complex when Elora looked at Vincent, "What about cloud seeding?"

"What?", Vincent asked.

"The pulse slows down or stops all electrical activity in the clouds. What about seeding electrical activity in the clouds.", Elora explained.

"Cloud seeding was a form of weather modification, an attempt to change the amount or type of precipitation that falls from clouds, by dispersing substances into the air that serve as cloud condensation or ice nuclei, which alter the microphysical processes within the cloud.", Elora continued.

"Seeding them with what?", Vincent pictured a silly bi-plane flying over fields on Earth.

"Omega enriched dilithium. It may just be enough to restart the electrical reactions.", Elora looked at Vincent.

"That may be true, my dear but the seeding would have to be absolutely precise. There is no one hear, who without the benefit of 100% uptime on their ships who could do that.", Vincent warned.

Elora put her hands on the display table, "There is one way."

"What?", Vincent was ready to try anything.

"What about the Red Queen?", Elora asked.

"What? The renegade AI.", Vincent snapped.

"She is now Omega Enriched. She can act. Hell, she destroyed the DRS, a Jupiter Class Station without the benefit of an active reactor.", Elora pointed out.

"How can we control her?", Vincent warned.

"She is most at home on the USS Wrath of Prometheus. The ship could be used to seed the Typhon Expanse. She is not likely to destroy the Prometheus.", Elora suggested.

"Send Tania a message. Inform her of your proposal. It is her ship. She needs to decide.", Vincent ordered.

Elora waited for the primitive shutdown grid to get enough power and then sent the message.

Tania, Autumn, Tatum, and Cujo stood in the conference room of the Prometheus. Tania read the proposal to the crew.

Autumn looked at Tania, "Absolutely not."

Tatum looked at Tania, "I am only the doctor here. I don't think I should vote."

"Ensign Shepard, you are the Operations Commander. It is your call.", Tania responded.

Cujo was shaking in his boots. He remembered the terrifying first sight of the omnipresence known as the Red Queen. Cujo could barely speak, "Will she do it?"

Tania looked at her crew, "Her primary subroutine was written with a singular goal, the protection of William and Amanda Hunt and Hunt's Phoenix Federation. We can tap into that."

Cujo looked at Tatum. He slowly reached over and grabbed her hand. He was terrified but he wanted to help, "We have no other option."

Tania walked over to the console to ask Anora to transfer the data pack. The Bajoran was most pleased to rid the station of the "red ghost".

The Red Queen stood in the conference room, "Home."

Tania felt that eerie queaziness that is an omen of fear. She looked at the Red Queen, "We need your help."

"I knew you would come. I knew Hunt would need me. I knew he would love me again.", the child-like AI spoke in an eerie tone. Tania stepped back.

"Cujo, upload the cloud seeding plan and show Red here what our goal is.", Tania ordered.

"Can you do it?", Tania asked.

"William hated the Borg. I hate the Borg.", the Red Queen responded.

"Answer the question.", Tania scolded.

The Red Queen glared at Branson, "Don't you know who I am!"

The tone was very menacing. Tania secretly wanted to run screaming from the room but now was not the time.

"Listen Red, can you do it?", Tania scolded.

"I am the Red Queen. I can do anything.", The Red Queen responded.

Cujo actually ducked below the surface of the table.

"Listen Red, you are either part of this crew or you are not. I will beam your damn data load into space.", Tania snapped.

"You would never get close.", The Red Queen snapped.

Tania looked at Red, "I am a disconnected Borg. Don't underestimate me."

The entire ship went totally black and totally stopped. Red looked at Tania, "Nor me."

Autumn looked at Tania. She was terrified. The crew was in a constant state of fear.

"Okay, Cujo, let's make this work.", Tania ordered.

The eerie translucent image of the red child stood on the bridge as Cujo began the mission to seed the clouds. The Red Queen performed admirably as more and more systems came back on line on the ship and on the surface. This was by no means done but it was a step in the right direction.

Cujo carefully recorded the positions of the drops beaming it to all ships in the battlegroup. Soon each vessel was on flyby missions.

Darkness may still be around, but now it would not be forever.

Tania looked at the child, "Thank you."

"Are you my mother? I cannot find my mother.", the Red Queen cryptically responded. Tania could see something in the red child that she never saw before.

The Red Queen looked lost and alone.

"Are you my mother? I need to find my mother so I can find my way home.", the voice of a lost child is something that piercing the air like a million needles and imagine that amplified a hundred fold.

Tania stepped towards the Red Queen and tried to hug the child. She had missed out on Nicole and Nancy's childhood. She had been imprisoned by the Borg. Just as a metaphor for her actual parenting, her arms passed right through the ghostly presence of the Red Queen. Tania teared up looking at the child-like Red Queen.

"Please help me find my way home.", The Red Queen repeated.

Posted by:

Commander T'Zohl
Writing for the King's Battlegroup
Phoenix Colony
Phoenix Federation

Rear Admiral Vincent Viceroy
Military Commander In Chief
Phoenix Colony
Phoenix Federation

The Red Queen
Artificial Intelligence - USS Wrath of Prometheus
Phoenix Colony