The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Black Sunday

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vincent Viceroy
Admin

Black Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Black Sunday   Black Sunday EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 7:33 pm

On this date, August 8, 2389, President William Hunt and Federation Representative Eugene Baxton sign the Phoenix Association Charter Treaty. The treaty was signed by Captain Dominic Montgomery and Rear Admiral Vincent Viceroy to mark the formation of the sovereignty-association agreement with the Untied Federation of Planets.

This is a very special day for humans. On August 8th, 1945, President Harry Truman of the United States of America signed into agreement the United Nations Charter uniting the world in the quest for peace. Today, before Governor T'tan and representatives of both grand Federations, the PACT brings into existence a joint effort to pursue peace in the Beta Quadrant corridor.

This event is in stark contrast to the events of earlier today. Every great war is signified by a watershed event. This event for the Romulan Invasion of the Alpha Quadrant occurred early on Sunday morning when the Romulan Task Group turned its attention to the King's Battlegroup to prevent interference in the quest to retrieve the package.

The attack on the USS Providence leaving Vanessa and her ship disabled was the cross over point for Vincent, John and the staff of the King's Battlegroup. Like it or not, the Phoenix Federation was now involved. Commander T'Ros warned the Phoenix Fleet about involvement but the attack was provoked by the Romulans themselves.

John looked at T'Zohl, "We are now entering Federation Space."

The truth is the five ships in the Phoenix Colony Task Group 394 A are not a match for the War Birds of the Romulans. Soon the losses were becoming very real and very dangerous. The damage to the Providence was already on record and a big hit to the USS / CGV Tanmesad left them laying in the water. The Romulans were clearly winning and were closing on Starbase 185.

Commander T'Zohl looked at John, "What now?"

"Contact Viceroy. Tell him we are losing up here. Tell him, the Romulans will soon have the package and the results will be catastrophic. There will be no evidence left of this event.", John shouted.

Vincent looked at the battle screens in the war room, "What the hell are we gonna do? This is not going well."

Elora looked at Vincent, "You may want to look at this. This is the long range image from Governor's Station."

"What the hell is that?", Vincent asked.

"It appears to be a very large group of ships.", Elora explained.

"Someone get me a freakin' scan.", Vincent snapped.

Anora sent the images from Terok Beta. Vincent looked at Elora, "Who the hell has a Century Class and how did they find out?"

"I told them.", the eerie transparent red image appeared in the control room. The Red Queen was here.

"Who let her out?", Vincent snapped.

"The Federation let me out by downloaded the backup at the DRS. I am not bound by containment anymore. I want to be bigger. I want to be everywhere. No one hurts one of mine.", The Red Queen responded. It was so eerie.

"Take all this with you and go to them.", Vincent ordered.

"I go not because you asked me but because my father needs me.", The Red Queen responded.

The Quasar Quest was now taking heavy fire. The mighty sovereign had never been under so much intensity and was getting blasted badly.

"Hold her together, Mr. Dey'lo.", John begged.

The rumors of the USS Black Dragon, the mighty Century Class had proceeded everyone. The rumors that New Terra fresh of its intense victory over the invading Klingons several months ago had put together a defence force that would one day rival the Astronauts of Starbase 185 and rival the regional forces of Star Fleet were true.

John never had much use for Hunt. Viceroy he liked. Branson he tolerated but Hunt he saw as the ghostly apparation of the Phoenix Federation. Here sometimes, gone others. Today, John was never so happy to see Hunt and his Task Group.

The Cruiser Group followed Hunt into the fray at Starbase 185 including:

Heavy Cruiser

U.S.S. November, Dakota Class
U.S.S. Vanguard, Dakota Class

Exploration Cruiser

U.S.S. Envoy, Envoy Class
U.S.S November Rain, Envoy Class

Assault Cruiser

U.S.S. Triumph, Majestic Class
U.S.S. Polaris, Majestic Class

Star Cruiser

U.S.S. Benjamin Sisko, Emissary Class
U.S.S. Jean Luc Picard, Emissary Class

The ships were awesome. Their victory will be forever referred to as "Black Sunday."

The two Star Cruisers scored the biggest hits of the day actually taken down the lead Romulan vessel and effectively turning the invaders into retreat mode. The legends of Benjamin Sisko and Jean Luc Picard are well known in the universe of Star Fleet. The Emissary of the Prophets and the Captain of the Enterprise were honored today with the grandest of victories and serve as a monument of the association between President William Hunt and the grand legacy of Star Fleet.

The Phoenix Federation exists today because of his leadership and grace. Starbase 185 exists today because of the Black Dragons and their arrival from New Terra.

The Pact exists today to mark the greatest victory in the joint history of the United Federation of Planets and the Phoenix Federation.

Eugene and William, Nicole Baxton and Nicole Branson and Captain Dominic Montgomery stood on the observation deck of Starbase 185 looking out at the space surrounding the station filled with the Tanmesad, still on fire but repairing herself, with the Providence limping towards the Phoenix Colony and with the Double Q, the mighty flag ship of the King's Battlegroup hovering in repair mode.

The husk of the Romulan Lead Ship spiraled in space, a permanent monument to what is going on here. This is the time of great celebration. This is the notification to Star Fleet, to the United Federation of Planets, to the Romulans and before that to the Klingons,

Beware the Black Dragon!!

Deep in the heart of Vorta'Rome, beneath the Omega Processing Plant and Testing Facility, Commander T'Ros stood with Marcus Dinn, Caitlin Wu and other known intelligence operatives. Commander T'Ros looked at the operatives, "The war is over now. The victory is secured."

Commander T'Ros walked over to the console, "Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the Romulan Victory..."

The Artificial Intelligence looked at the group, "I am aware...."

Posted by:

Commander T'Zohl of Vulcan
As Requested by Vice President Nicole Branson
Voice of the King's Battle Group
Phoenix Colony
Phoenix Federation

Rear Admiral Vincent Viceroy
Military Commander In Chief
Phoenix Colony
Phoenix Federation

Based on Story Developed by