The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Christine T'Nley Interview

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vincent Viceroy
Admin

The Christine T'Nley Interview Empty
PostSubject: The Christine T'Nley Interview   The Christine T'Nley Interview EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 2:08 pm

Erica and Christine knew each other from the trial of Nicole Branson over the use of Biological Weapons. Christine and Erica had even shared a few breakfasts as everyone waited. Erica had been trying to get her to be interviewed for over a week.

Erica finally came into the office and plunked herself down in Christine's desk chair, "Ms. T'Nley, we need to get through this."

Christine turned around, "Very well. Proceed."

Christine liked to make these people wait. She had spent many an hour in her career waiting to interview others.

"Do you think the Phoenix Colony gets appropriate support from the Phoenix Federation overall Government?", Erica red from her notes. Christine chuckled. She knew that the lawyer was no professional interviewer.

"This question applies to President William Hunt and Vice President Nicole Branson.", Erica explained.

"Hunt is a damn opportunist who has made his career on being in the right place at the right time. Even the legendary Phoenix Liberation War is more about Hunt being in the right region to be asked by Admiral John Williams to attack the Vulcans. Hunt now is riding on the coat tails of Black Sunday. This again is more to do with being in the right place at the right time. The Black Dragon Task Force was supposed to be at New Terra helping to rebuild that colony and instead it was doing a flyby near here. The Romulans paid a huge price and for what, because Hunt was lucky. Damn lucky.", Christine complained.

"As for Branson. She is an idiot. We all know it. Yet, she continues to get the amazing support of these sheep. They love her. The inhabitants of Starbase 185 even see her as a sort of Joan of Arc rushing to get the army when they were in trouble. I will never understand this logic. I have tried to report it as such in the Omega News Network. She did nothing but be on Governor's Station. There are great people on this colony. Vincent Viceroy and Commodore Tan to name a couple, but Branson is not one of them.", Christine continued.

"Do you think the government of the Phoenix Colony is dedicated to its performance? ", Erica smiled, finally having some dirt on the colony.

"Governor T'tan may very well fall into the Nicole Branson category. She is best remembered for saving the Villa when in fact it was Tokken and the tribal Togre who did that. Her only action in that great battle was to f**k the tribal leader and yet she is considered the hero and the great Vulcan on the colony. The truth is lost on these people.", Christine responded.

"Do you think that citizens of the colony receive good quality training, right from being a young child to being an officer on a star ship? Do you think the colony neglects those who are not "smart" enough to be officers?", Erica continued to read from her list.

"I don't know, perhaps you should ask some of the crew of the USS Archangel. Oh wait, you can't. They are dead! Mistakes were made by unprepared officers and it cost them their lives. Oh yeah, the Academy also produced Dominic Montgomery, a triatorous spy who now commands Starbase 185 for the Federation. So far, it sounds like a good job to me. As for those less fortunate intelligence wise, it is okay because we burn them Dilithium factories. Think of the Captain Phillip Lexington rescue of several workers, many others died because they were not prepared to do the job. Yeah, we are good at training here. We will prepare you to die.", Christine mocked.

"Can the colony provide for the basic needs of its inhabitants? Food, Shelter and Water or any species specific items?", Erica smiled feverishly entering notes into the PADD.

"Yeah, basic needs but emotional needs... So far, the Tamarians have revolted. The Klingons have tried to expand their territory. The Romulans are always up to something. The Talosians have their own private army likely capable of rivalling the Phoenix Defence League. This constant state of tension tells me that all the basic needs are not being met.", Christine grumbled, pouring a Romulan Tea.

"Are there checks and balances to make sure that no one is doing anything outside the colony charter or any illegal activities going on?", Erica asked.

"Are you questioning me and my role?", Christine asked indignantly.

"No. I am just asking.", Erica responded.

"I am the checks and balances. I am the one who has the guts to tell the citizens that Hunt is no hero, but an opportunist. I am the one who tells them Branson is nothing more than a lesbian art student who could hardly operate a pencil case filled with felts let alone a colony filled with 13 million people. I am not afraid to say that T'tan is a slut who screws the mighty beast for power. I am not afraid to say that John Warren is an idiot who should be asked to resign over the devastation at Terok Beta and instead is given the experimental Dervish Class, foolish. Furthermore John gives the experimental vessel to a Cardassian. Insane.", Christine stood up. She was very frustrated by the whole situation.

"What is the Emergency Response Plan? Would you feel safe in a crisis on the colony?", Erica asked.

"This is one thing we know. We are always in a state of emergency. There is always some sort of chaos going on here. Everyone knows how to get your butt down that is for sure.", Christine laughed as she thought about the recent civil war with the Tamarians.

"Is the colony willing to evaluate its existence on an ongoing basis?", Erica smiled.

"The colony is constantly tested. Tested by the activities that occur here; tested by Omega News Network, tested by the mayors of the City States. These people will grow and become better because of all this testing.", Christine smiled.

Erica got up to leave. Christine followed her over by the door and blocked her hand from hitting the door console, "One more thing."

"What's that?", Erica thought she was about to get a big juicy finisher.

"These are my people. These are my friends. If you hurt them, if you recommend that they are broken up, you will pay....", Christine looked very seriously.

Erica looked at her, "But you just said...."

Christine glared at her with all the ferocity of her Vulcan-Romulan Father and Human Mother could muster....

Erica got the message. Loud and clear.

Posted by:

Christine T'Nley
Omega News Network
Phoenix Colony
Phoenix Federation

Back to top Go down
https://omegacolony.forumotion.net

The Christine T'Nley Interview
Page 1 of 1