The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Show Trial – Loose Ends (Double entendre?)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vincent Viceroy
Admin

The Show Trial – Loose Ends (Double entendre?) Empty
PostSubject: The Show Trial – Loose Ends (Double entendre?)   The Show Trial – Loose Ends (Double entendre?) EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 8:31 am

Feeling cold eyes staring at him, Marcus looked up from the data pad in his hand, sitting in his private booth in the Blue Room. Standing just feet away was Lt. Commander Evans, Montgomerys personal assistant. The mans stance, the tension in his face rang alarms in Marcus’ head.

“Yes Evans?”

“May I sit?”

Marcus pointed at a chair and the young man took the seat.

“Can I help you?” Marcus asked warily.

He could see Evans arm move under the table and as he did he pressed an alarm button to alert XON of possible trouble.

“It was you wasn’t it? Don’t lie.”

“Me what Mr. Evans?”

“Montgomery has fallen…..ill.”

“I can’t say I’m sorry to hear that. How so?”

“You know.. you did something.”

“I assure you Mr. Evans. I ‘Did’ nothing.”

The Lt. Commander looked around the sparsely populated room. The hour was very late, most of the patrons had left for the evening. Even the jazz quartet had finished their final set.

“We’re going for a walk.” Evan said after a pause.

“No. I don’t think I am”

“We walk or I swear, Ill vaporize you here and now.”

“What is your problem Mr. Evans?”

His voice started to crack. “You stupid old man. Don’t you think I know what you’ve done? Now what am I going to do.”

“Find another job Mr. Evans. I’m sure there are just bunches of little Admirals looking for gofers.”

“Job? Another Job? You still don’t get it do you, you bitch.”

Marcus leaned back, realization washing over him. “Montgomery walked both sides of the street? Oh my this is to much. You, you were the leak.”

“I’d… do anything for him……”

“I’m sure you would Evans. I’m sure you did. But what you’re not going to do is take your emotions out on me.”

As Evans had been focused solely on Marcus, XON had walked up behind him, a bottle of cheap house wine raised in the air. At the perfect moment Marcus nodded and the bottle came crashing down, shattering glass and bone in dark red mixture of wine and blood. Evans fell from the chair, the last of the patrons leaving the room turned at the sound.

“Nothing ladies.. nothing at all, just a bit to much wine.” Marcus stood and smiled.

XON looked down at the mess. ‘Now what boss?”

“Call Captain Leo. Tell him he has a loose end to tie up.” Marcus picked up his glass of brandy and started to leave, ‘Then call T’Nley and give her her scoop of the day.”

Off:

Marcus Dinn
Owner of RICKS
Back to top Go down
https://omegacolony.forumotion.net

The Show Trial – Loose Ends (Double entendre?)
Page 1 of 1