The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

War Correspondant

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vincent Viceroy
Admin

War Correspondant Empty
PostSubject: War Correspondant   War Correspondant EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 7:09 pm

It is what I have always wanted. Believe it or not, I have harboured jealousy with Jake Sisco, a boy of all people, because of the material he wrote during the Dominion occupation of Deep Space Nine.

I have been able to cover multiple invasions of the Phoenix Colony, the horrors of the Romulan extermination at Cheron VI - the end of the First Camelot, and even the loss of the colony of Ephyra but I have never been able to work under the scrutiny of an occupying force aboard a station.

Catherine is a former friend. She worked in the Institute. She has served aboard the Quest as a Counsellor and has been a graceful interview as the Betazoid Alliance but her recent actions have been nothing short of ruthless. Her mistreatment of the aging Deveniss is disrespectful and even embarrassing. He never treated her badly, ever!

Catherine now reads every line written for the evening editorial, even this one. It is up to her if we can go to air with the commentary on the war effort on either side or on any activity on the surface. I have specifically been told that I cannot comment on the success or failure of the Dragons Mission to First Corinthians. I am only allowed to confirm that the Marines have engaged the enemy on the large station.

I am very worried. General Belvedere Brown is now aboard the Providence coordinating the ground efforts aboard the station and if the need should arise on the surface of Betazed itself. It used to be just me worried about Bell but now with Jack at home, I worry for Jack too. We have already lost Bull. It was terrible for Bell and I but for Jack to lose his father, it would be far worse.

I thought I wanted to cover a war to make my evening editorials more interesting than the loose ways of Governor Nicole Branson but tonight I wish Branson and Libby or Branson and Lolli were the news of the day.

Today, the news of the day is only about the war. The very young Tara ("Ontario") Todd came into the OWN offices asking if I had heard anything about Tanus or Mickey. I could tell her nothing. I did not know anything.

Sometimes it takes a battle like this one to remind us why they are so infrequent. Nobody wants this. Not even me.

Posted by:

Christine T'Nley
Observatory Watch Network
Covering the Beta Zeta Civil War
Observatory 642
King's Fleet
Back to top Go down
https://omegacolony.forumotion.net

War Correspondant
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Colony of Camelot :: Colony Personal Logs-