The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Thanks For Sharing

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vincent Viceroy
Admin

Thanks For Sharing Empty
PostSubject: Thanks For Sharing   Thanks For Sharing EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 7:06 pm

Ophelia had been down in the shuttle bay watching BootsSmith cleaning the walls of the Station. The Arknn beetle creature was whistling and smiling while he was working. She was thrilled watching Boots work. He was so happy to have an opportunity to work. Patrick had to explain what he wanted slowly.

Patrick asked Boots to say it back to him.

"Wash walls.", the Arknn answered.

'And which are the walls?", Patrick demanded.

Boots pointed with his front claws.

"This is a plasma conduit. It is essential for our safety. Do not damage the plasma tubes.", Patrick spoke firmly.

"Which are the plasma tubes?", Colonel Hatherton demanded.

Boots pointed and then set to work. He was a large insect like creature with a hard exoskeleton and a large tale. Ophelia watched Boots work and then disappeared returning with water and a sandwich. She coaxed the alien down and offered him some. Boots ate the sandwich and was struggling to hold the water in his clawed hand. Ophelia helped the alien drink. He responded with a series of clicks closely resembling the Xindi language that earned Tchilick Tchilack his nickname.

"You are very sweet. Thank you.", Colonel Tchilack translated as he walked in to check on his friend.

"Thank you.", Ophelia smiled at Boots.

Ophelia walked over to the fighter bay. She looked for Victoria. She whispered, "What is it like to be with an Insectoid alien?

Victoria looked at Ophelia, "Click is able to move his hands at super face speed. This allows him to send me into orbit. He loves to make me happy and oh do I love to be that kind of happy."

""What about his ant like appearance?", Ophelia asked.

"I am not in love with appearance, I am in love with his heart.", Victoria offered.

Ophelia went back over to the shuttle bay. Boots was cleaning shuttle and fighters. The Arknn are able to fly in spurts. Ophelia was amazed.

She knew he could not understand well but she needed to vent. She proceeded to describe her disgust with her family over the attack at Reykja Penthe. She also described this as the basis for everyone turning on the Betazoids after the Andorian rise began. People believe the Corens to be liars who manipulated to gain power. Sadly the Andorians have repeated this scenario.

Ophelia could not tell Ro Arroe. She loved that she could tell Boots. He climbed down and moved over next to her. He looked at Ophelia, "It will be okay. Things do get better."

He should know. He was once living in a beetle colony in the Alpha Quadrant. Now he is a glorified janitor on the Hatherton. His life was better and for that he was grateful.

Ophelia put her hand on his hard alien exoskeleton and smiled, "Thank you for listening."

Boots smiled, "Thank you for sharing."

Posted by:

Captain Ophelia Coren
Custodial Observer
Shuttle Fleet
Hatherton Station
King's Fleet
Back to top Go down
https://omegacolony.forumotion.net

Thanks For Sharing
Page 1 of 1