The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Time Bandits

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bunny Branson

Time Bandits Empty
PostSubject: Time Bandits   Time Bandits EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 7:51 am

Tensions between the Klingon Empire and Starfleet continue to grow as the year 2400 negotiations to have the empire join the Federation continue. The fighting in and around Reykja Penthe, the crossover colony continues to escalate.

Recent mistakes made during an engagement with the Klingon Task Force by the USS Providence have exposed the inexperience of the King’s Fleet and exposed the Federation to the potential fall out if poor decision making by the leadership group allows for the Regional Fleet Authority to lose a ship.

Admiral Gabriel Moyer is feeling the pressure. He has spoken to Admiral Windsor, the aging Head of Starfleet Command. Moyer is already unpopular amongst his peers in the King’s Fleet but hosting a meeting with Admiral Tan, Admiral Deveniss and Captain Christian Moyer, he became even more unpopular by saying the the King’s Fleet was in grave peril.

The colony is being run by a former prisoner and a hippie who is not pro war. The fleet commander is a mere child. Christian was furious at the comment. He glared at his father.

Colonel Trapor of Gorn confirmed the observations by Admiral Moyer. This resulted in a dangerous glare from Admiral Deveniss. The Selayan, a snake like people and the Gorn, a lizard like people were not friends. The Gorn hated the docile Selayans. Trapor called the failure to identify the threat by Captain Tchilick Tchilack in the Rhodes Island Class Providence unacceptable and even suggested that Captain Moyer remove the Xindi from command of the ship. Christian increased the already very high tension in the room by huffing and standing up from the briefing room table.

Colonel Trapor introduced the Physicist Dr. Newton. Dr. Newton indicated that his research into temporal phenomenon associated with his discovery of the ability to fire while still traveling at Warp Speed may have lead to window of opportunity. He could restore the previous leadership of the colony of Reykja Penthe. He could bring back Admiral Vincent Viceroy, a Starfleet and King’s Fleet legend. He could bring back Captain John Warren. He could restore honour to the King’s Fleet.

Gabriel looked at the group, “I think we should explore this option. We cannot afford another encounter at this level and worse yet, we cannot afford to lose a ship.”

“What will this mean for the existing leadership?”, Gabriel looked at this father.

“There is no existing leadership. This is a group of protesters who were being sent to a political prison in the Klingon Empire.”, Gabriel scoffed.

Tan glared at Gabriel, “They are getting it. We all did not start as being experienced, Admiral.”

“What do you know? You are a Hierarchy Clanner. You are who you are because you can handle the bureaucracy that is Starfleet. You are not an innovative leader.”, Gabriel scoffed.

“He led Starfleet Command for nearly a year.”, Deveniss hissed.

“In a time of piece.”, Gabriel glared.

“And what will it mean for Jamie?”, Christian turned to his father.

“The Warren portion of her existence will be lost.”, Dr. N’Ton responded.

“And then as a joined Trill, she will die.”, Christian looked at his father.

“But the King’s Fleet will have its leadership restored.”, Gabriel looked at his son.

“And Admiral Viceroy will replace you.”, Christian snarled at his father.

“I will retain command of Governor’s Station.”, Gabriel smiled.

“I cannot allow you to summarily execute a member of my crew.”, Captain Moyer looked at his father and Dr. N’Ton.

“This will be a fleet decision.”, Gabriel snapped.

“So this is Starfleet now. We kill members of the staff to gain the advantage in a Cold War.”, Christian snarled at his father.

“The King’s Fleet has always welcomed the downtrodden, the outsider and helped them form a cohesive unit.”, Tan looked at Christian.

“Are you prepared to die or sentence an experienced crew to death just to prove a point?”, Gabriel snapped at Tan.

The often soft spoken Admiral looked at Gabriel, “No, sir. I am prepared to stand up for the Temporal Prime Directive and take the consequences of doing so even if that means loses. I miss Vincent, John, Elora, Nicole and many others. I miss my love Summer. I miss them all but I am not prepared to but the sanctity of the timeline at risk just to recover them no matter the benefit. I stand for order.”

“Oh surprise, surprise, the clerk stands for order.”, Gabriel mocked.

“I took stand for the Temporal Prime Directive, Admiral.”, Deveniss looked at Gabriel.

“With Colonel Trapor, we are deadlocked at two a piece.”, Gabriel looked at the two former heads of the King’s Fleet.

“The final decision will be made by Captain Christian Moyer, the Fleet Commander.”, Gabriel looked at his son with a stare that only a father can give.

Gabriel walked from the room and returned with his Chief Tactical Officer and Chief Engineer, Commander Jamie Warren. The Trill stood at the end of the table.

“Father, you tell me what is more important, your legacy as a regional fleet commander in dealing with a mistake made by Captain Tchiliack by violating the temporal prime directive or the life of this young lady, a fine officer and a future Captain – truly the daughter that John Warren never had.”, Christian lectured the room.

“I will make my decision by having you tell Jamie. Yes, she has a name that your plan is to kill her because the servicemen and women of the King’s Fleet lack experience.”, Christian looked at his father.

“This is unfair.”, Newton glared at Christian, “It is not personal!”

“It is personal, Doctor.”, Christian snapped, “Jamie is a person!!”

“Click made a mistake. He will learn from the interaction and he will be better. We will share the events with the leadership groups of the ships. They too will learn.”, Christian was finally acting like the Task Force Commander.

Gabriel stood up. He looked at Colonel Trapor and then at Tan and Deveniss. All sides were unwavering.

Christian looked his father in the eye, “I will not kill Jamie. I will not support a violation of the Temporal Prime Director. I vote no.”

The two Gorn scoffed and left the room. Gabriel looked at Tan and Deveniss, “You did this. You turned my son against me.”

Gabriel brushed by Commander Jamie Warren as he stormed from the room.

Posted by

Captain Christian Moyer

Captain – USS Quasar Quest

Task Force Commander – King’s Fleet

June 23, 2400

Back to top Go down

Time Bandits
Page 1 of 1