The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Klingon Konnection – The Keys to Oz

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vincent Viceroy
Admin

Klingon Konnection – The Keys to Oz Empty
PostSubject: Klingon Konnection – The Keys to Oz   Klingon Konnection – The Keys to Oz EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 5:21 am

ON:

Leaving Ricks in the hands of his new business manager XON, Marcus made trip back to Governors Station. True to her word Branson had made arrangements for space for a Nighclub to hand over to Marcus. Admiral Coren was none to pleased, being held to keep a promise that he was not a part of. It left a bitter taste in his mouth and somewhat short with the Vice President in their last conversation.

As Marcus walked the Promenade towards his appointment he felt a tap on his shoulder. Turning he say Dia Zarch smiling. “Hey stranger. What is it with just dumping me off and not calling?”

Marcus raised an eyebrow. “Good afternoon Lieutenant. My apologies, just a lot of business to catch up with. You’re doing well I see.”

“No worse for wear. I turned in our report to the Admiral on the Triton Base at New Terra. You should have seen the shock on his face.”

“I would imagine. It is unsettling to find a major alien outpost right in your back yard and you had no idea it was there.”

“No kidding. And when he got to the part that you are to be the only contact. God, I could have melted from the heat.”

“He’ll deal with it. He’s a good man.”

“So rumor is you’re opening another location on the Station.”

Marcus smiled. “Not a rumor, that’s why I’m here, to pick up the keys. Care to tag along?”

“Sure, why not.”

The pair made their way around the grand corridor, commenting on this shop and that restaurant. Eventually they came up to a “Closed” sign on a narrow store front. Marcus read the number again and looked rather disappointed.

“This is it?” Dia asked.

“Apparently.” he answered and he went in.

There was a long narrow hallway which gave way to large open space. The room faced out from the station and there on a couch sat Vice President Branson waiting for him.

“So… what do you think?”

Marcus looked out the large portal at the horizon of the colony planet. Just then a Klingon Battle Cruiser came into view and took a stationary position. As much as he wished to comment on it, he kept his feelings on the matter to him self. Now was not the time.

Looking around he sounded a bit disappointed. “A bit smaller than what I had hoped for frankly.”

Branson stood up. “Maybe. But it’s the best I could do on such short notice. And this was a struggle. For some reason the Admiral seems to have taken a disliking to you.”

“Really, I can’t imagine why.” he turned and winked at Dia.

Branson walked over to the bar. “Its not to bad really, Max occupancy is 200. And there is a Holo deck included over there.” she said pointing.

“A holo deck? That will help. And what is in the next space over?” Marcus asked.

“A restaurant. But it should not be to much of a competition with you.”

Marcus walked up to the window and placed a hand on it. The cold of space could be felt bleeding thru. Turning he bowed.

“Thank you Ms. Branson. It will do as a start.”

“As a start? Space is very hard to come by.” she walked over and handed him a data pad. “The terms of the lease… I’m sure you’ll find them very reasonable.”

Without looking Marcus placed his thumbprint on the pad. “I’m sure I will. Did you expedite my applications for the use of the Amphitheater?”

“I did, and may I say, I appreciate your enthusiasm in helping to welcome the Klingons to the colony. Gettting Entrigan to the Phoenix colony. You must have resources I can’t even guess at.”

“Just doing what I can Ms. Branson.”

Branson started for the door and then turned. “Do you know what you are going to call it? The Nightclub?”

“Yes…..Oz…. you know, as in over the Rainbow.”

Branson looked out the window at the clouds passing below them. “Cute.” and then she left.

Dia looked at the Klingon ship and shook her head. “Some things I just do not understand.”

“Politics my dear. More deadly than any warfare.”

Off:

Marcus Dinn
Owner of RICKS / Oz
Phoenix Colony
Phoenix Federation

Nicole Branson
Vice President
Phoenix Colony
Phoenix Federation
Back to top Go down
https://omegacolony.forumotion.net