The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Baby Steps

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vincent Viceroy
Admin

Baby Steps Empty
PostSubject: Baby Steps   Baby Steps EmptyTue May 12, 2020 1:06 pm

“Imagine it!”, Gul Thua’ra Varno smiled from the bridge of the newly refit Ambassador Class starship christened the USS Nancy Branson as the head of the King’ Fleet Tactical Division, “An entire task force of Ambassador Class Vessels to patrol the Cradol Region. The King’s Fleet will be relevant again.”

“It is a nice dream, Lieutenant Monica Windsor smiled from the tactical station on the Branson Bridge.

“It is not a dream.”, Gul Varno smiled, “The Tellarites have access to the Romulan Impound Yards. There are at least 10 Ambassador Class Starships that are known to have been lost to the Romulans and recovered by Romulan Salvage. These ships will be turned over to us in accordance with the deal that Governor Branson signed with Admiral Baan”Haal. We are back, Lieutenant.”

Monica frowned and looked at the floor in front of the Tactical Station, “My father will never allow that.”

Varno turned around quickly. His Cardassian face scowled as only a Cardassian can, “Huh??”

His tone was hardly professional.

Monica looked at her commanding officer, “Fleet Admiral Walter Windsor allowed Admiral Bael Baan’Haal the access into the Romulan Space and even the territories he know claims because it served the United Federation of Planets purposes. My father would never allow Admiral Baan’Haal to arm us anymore than we were armed before; if even to that level. The Tellarite may think he is in charge but the Federation and Starfleet have always been in charge. They always will be.”

Varno looked at Lt. Windsor, “But we have an agreement.”

“So did the Romulans with Admiral Picard for the withdrawal.” Monica frowned, showing wisdom far beyond her age.

Varno turned back to the main viewer humbled by the thought. He has had a very interesting life. He truly thought that he was back but the truth is the King’s Fleet has been handled. Startfleet handles dissidents.

Varno thought his behavior on Bajor during the occupation, three separate rebellions to gain control of Cardassia and the Obsidian Order and the horrible rise of the Imperial Cardassian Union were behind him. You cannot escape your past.

Varno turned to Autumn Laree. The Betazoid had been by his side in the tactical position aboard the Tanmesad and has been integral in helping him come to grips with his past and return to command aboard the USS Nancy Branson.

Commander Laree looked out at the stars, “We are in the stars, Gul Varno. This is the first step. A baby does not his impact on the universe when he or she makes that first step either. These are the first baby steps towards returning to prominence. It is not a sad time; it is a wonderous time.”

Varno looked at the Betazoid, “What would I do without you and your positivity?”

Autumn smiled, “Not even death can stop us, Varno.”

Posted by:

Gul Thua’ra Varno
Commanding Officer
USS Nancy Branson
Chief Tactical Vessel
King’s Fleet
Back to top Go down
https://omegacolony.forumotion.net

Baby Steps
Page 1 of 1