The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Demotion Dread

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bunny Branson

Demotion Dread Empty
PostSubject: Demotion Dread   Demotion Dread EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 4:18 am

When John Warren first proposed having the Xindi Insectoid on the helm of the Quasar Quest, the crew and in fact, the King’s Fleet were not thrilled. Click, as the Xindi become known was not well liked because of the history, because of his “human fly” like appearance and because of the incessant clicking that was the Xindi language.

Click however became an absolutely respected pilot. He could helm the sovereign class better than anyone. His super fast appendages made him an amazing console operator. He however has not had the purest of history.

The Xindi defected to serve aboard a Romulan vessel. It took him a while to get reaccepted into the fleet. His skill set will always make him valuable but his attitude makes him difficult.

Now, I, Commander Tracklerca have the unfortunate duty of assuming command of the Stingers fighter squadron because of new sanctions against Commander Tchilack.

Click, a person I consider to be my friend, hell he got me a job in the King’s Fleet, has been outspoken about Raphiodephtera student Toby Trophilac, the long neck Xindi Insectoid. He hates the fact that the ousted alien is being given a chance and has been outspoken about it. Click cannot be in command of the Stingers Fighter Squadron with this hanging over his command. He will remain in the squadron - his skill set deserves that but he cannot be in a command position until he comes to grips with his prejudice.

To make matters worse, Kara Larle, the Klingon pilot has been supporting her wing man saying that just because you work with people does not mean you have to like them.

Tolerance has been a part of the United Federation of Planets, Starfleet and the King’s Fleet operations forever. Under Governor Nicole Branson, the King’s Fleet offered opportunity to many who would not have been given such opportunity.

Now, Governor Bernice Branson is doing the same inviting Raitians, Raphiodephtera and other often unwelcomed races to join the fleet. It is an exciting time and a time for growth not a time for prejudice and rejection. Click will have to learn that or he will be stuck in his cockpit as a grumpy old pilot.

Posted by:

Commander Tracklerca
Squadron Leader
Stingers Fighter Squadron
King’s Fleet Protected Territories
“You’re gonna be S’Ari”
Back to top Go down

Demotion Dread
Page 1 of 1