The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mission V - The Oracle of Delphi: Welcome to Delphi Ardu V

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bunny Branson

Mission V - The Oracle of Delphi:  Welcome to Delphi Ardu V Empty
PostSubject: Mission V - The Oracle of Delphi: Welcome to Delphi Ardu V   Mission V - The Oracle of Delphi:  Welcome to Delphi Ardu V EmptyMon May 20, 2024 6:53 am

Himmler came into the Omega Pod with Commander Trmel, “We have a plan.”

“Huh?”, Deveniss and Bernice turned together looking at the Andorian and the Xindi.

“We have found the Tanmesad. It is badly damaged but it still exists.”, Toronto looked at Deveniss.

“And how does this help us.”, Deveniss looked at the Andorian.

“There is a planetoid in the Xindi Sector near the Delphi Cluster that was abandoned by the Tkon Empire centuries ago.”, Himmler explained.

“Our suggestion, Commander Trmel, a fellow Antennaed Alien and I is to crash the Tanmesad on to Delphi Anni V and restart colonization there.”, Himmler looked at Deveniss.

“And why would this be preferable to what we have now?”, Deveniss looked at Himmler.

“The Xindi are members of the Federation, this much is true but the Xindi and in particular the insectoids have never been truly accepted because of their appearance as bug like beings and have never really been able to secure a place aboard ships in Starfleet. Commander Tchilack, Click is not the standard but the exception. If the Xindi had an “in” with the Federation and Starfleet, the Xindi could assume their rightful place as people in the stars.”, Himmler looked at Deveniss.

“There is a catch.”, Toronto looked at Deveniss and Bernice.

“There always is.”, Bernice looked at the Andorian.

“In order to launch the Tanmesad, someone will have to ignite it from the surface.”, Toronto looked at Deveniss.

“I can’t ask anyone to do that.”, Deveniss sounded very admirally.

“But I can volunteer.”, Captain Lincoln Paris walked into the room.

“What no!”, Bernice quickly muttered.

“This is not my time and you are not my Starfleet. The NX Class is an antique and was lost in the Battle of poH. I can best serve my legacy by helping launch the Tanmesad and giving the King’s Fleet another shot at colonization and success.” Captain Paris looked at the old Selayan.

“Do me proud, Admiral.”, Lincoln smiled.

“It will be my highest honour.”, Admiral Deveniss saluted the Captain of the Lexington, “Rear Admiral James Shackleford, the first commanding officer of the NX Lexington would be proud.”

The King’s Fleet ship command staff began loading everything not tied down onto the Tanmesad. Himmler Tchilack was on the helm plotting the coordinates.

He looked at Click and Tracer sitting beside him, “You know that this is a long shot. We could miss Delphi Ardu V and just end up lost in space near Xindus Prime.”

“We know.”, Click looked at Himmler.

“Then why would you not speak up.”, Himmler looked at Click.

“One in a million is better than waiting to die.”, Click looked at the Physicist.

“One is a million.”, Himmler entered the coordinates on the console.

Admiral Deveniss walked onto the helm with Admiral Tan, “Today, four brave people, Captain LIncoln Paris, his son Laertes, Commander Marissa Branson, and Bunny’s alleged father will sacrifice their lives to light the engines of the Galor Class and send us into space. We honour them for their sacrifice as we honour those who came before us, Admiral VIncent Viceroy, President Emeritus Nicole Branson, Captain John Warren, Gul Vash Enranet, Legate Thua’ra Varno just to name a few. These names will never be forgotten.”

The large explosion freed the Galor Class and sent in hurdling into space steered but not truly controlled. The entire bridge was filled with command staff from the various vessels all staring at the main viewer hoping that their little experiment in explosive launches would be a success.

There was another concern that no one talked about. Would the Klingons follow? Would the Klingons attack the damaged Galor Class.

Click turned to Admiral Deveniss, “We have now exited the Klingon Protected Territories. We are now in Federation Space.”

Click turned to Himmler, “Second phase complete, Doctor.”

Bernice looked at Click, “Second phase?”

“The first phase was launching. There were no guarantees that the external ignition would work.”, Click looked at Bernice, who stepped back in shock.

“You mean we could have died.”, Bernice breathed deeply.

“Would you have gotten on, if I told you the potential outcome?”, Himmler winked with his large eye cluster at the human.

“What is failure rate for the second phase?”, Deveniss looked at the helm staff.

Himmler chuckled, “Given that the Kilngons had successfully defeated 6 vessels, three stations and destroyed two cities in the Battle of poH, authorized by the United Federation of Planets and sanctioned by Starfleet using the Temporal Prime Directive, the Klingons could have easily destroyed a crazed falling ship without any penalty so likely the survival rate was less than 1 percent.”

“And we went anyway?”, Bernice turned to Deveniss.

Deveniss simply shrugged at his protectorate.

Click looked at Tracer, “Could it be?”

“It appears to be so.”, Tracer smiled with the amazing Bzzit Khakt smile.

Himmler turned to Deveniss, “Home, Admiral.”

Deveniss turned to Bernice, “By proclamation of the King’s Fleet High Command, I hereby proclaim you Governor of Delphi Ardu V, Xindi Host of the King’s Fleet colony.”

Bernice smirked.

Tracer then shouted, “Brace yourselves.”

The USS / CGV Tanmesad plummeted into the surface of Delphi Ardu V bursting into flames. The crew exited on the desolate surface of the former Tkon Colony.

Bernice coughed and looked at Deveniss, “My entrance into the colonies could use some improvements.”

Deveniss smiled. He turned to Commander Trmel, “Withdraw the replicator. We have work to do.”

“As you command, Admiral.”, Toronto looked at the Selayan.

“Welcome to Delphi Ardu V.”, Admiral Deveniss smiled.

Posted by:

Admiral Deveniss of Selay
Commander in Chief
King’s Fleet
Back to top Go down

Mission V - The Oracle of Delphi: Welcome to Delphi Ardu V
Page 1 of 1