The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Footsy with the Federation

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bunny Branson

Footsy with the Federation Empty
PostSubject: Footsy with the Federation   Footsy with the Federation EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 7:20 pm

Nicole walked into the Station Promenade with Christine T'Nley. The acid tongued Romulan-Vulcan hybrid looked at Nicole, "Are you sure you want to do this?"

"I think we have to.", Nicole frowned.

Eugenio Coren and Elizabeth Coren met Nicole at the entrance to the grand gala event. Eugenio kissed her on the cheek, "Are you sure you want to do this?'

Nicole looked at Eugenio, "Why does everyone keep asking me this?"

Eugenio looked at Nicole, "You know that Dominic is gonna stand against you."

Nicole frowned, "We have to look like we are following the protocol. If the Federation or Star Fleet lashes out, they will look like the aggressive ones."

Nicole walked to her place setting. Admiral Dominic Montgomery stood up, "Welcome guests, welcome to Rear Admiral Eugenio Coren and his lovely wife. Welcome Sub-Commander T'Ken of the Romulan contingent and lastly welcome to Nicole Branson, Governor of the Phoenix Colony."

The chess game had begun. Dominic knew that Nicole was trying to make him look like the aggressor. He was not about to play the move she expected.

The meal was incredible. The Federation and Star Fleet wanted it to look like they were 100% accepting of the Phoenix Federation even though behind the scenes they had to be grinding their teeth. No one in Star Fleet like the remnant Federation to exude any control, however miniscule.

"Governor Branson has asked for the floor.", Dominic smiled, raising his glass.

"Proceed, Madame Branson.", Dominic sarcastically taunted. Everyone could feel the tension in the room. It was very high.

"Thank you, Admiral Montgomery. I am deeply honored to represent the Phoenix Colony and indeed the Phoenix Federation in front of my adoptive parents, Eugenio and Elizabeth Coren and in front of my former colleagues in Star Fleet. It is my duty as Governor to formally announce the launch of our second Task Group, Task Group 395 B, known collectively as the Hellraisers. The group, under the command of Captain Jason Morris will be tasked with the exploration of the Beta Quadrant for the Phoenix Colony and the Phoenix Federation. The group poses no military threat to the Romulan Empire.", Nicole nodded to T'Ken.

"Or to the Klingons. The goal of the Hellraisers is to explore and map the Beta Quadrant. The task group honors our President William Hunt with the presence of the haul of the original USS Wrath of Achilles, flag ship of the Phoenix Liberation Wars as part of the task group flag ship, the USS Wrath of Prometheus. The legacy of the great conflict will be honored with the greatest of human endeavours, to boldly go where no one has gone before.", Nicole raised her glass.

"Here. Here.", Eugenio stood up.

Dominic glared at Nicole. How could the Phoenix Federation and the colony have scooped him again. He wanted to lash out. He wanted to scream at the top of his lungs that the Phoenix Federation had no right. Dominic stood up and....

bit his tongue, "To boldly go.", the words spilled off his tongue with an ugly sarcasm, a great big "F U" to the Phoenix federation and the colony.

Nicole winked at Dominic. To have the notorious homosexual do that made him even more enraged. Dominic snapped the stem of his wine glass. The crackling was heard across the room. It was a metaphor for the relationship between Starbase 234 and the colony; between the Federation and the Phoenix Federation... Something that should be beautiful and raised in celebration snapped to pieces by the arrogance of one man.

Posted by:

Nicole Branson
Governor
Phoenix Colony
Phoenix Federation

Based on cup of coffee with

Christine T'Nley
Omega News Network
Phoenix Colony
Phoenix Federation

Back to top Go down

Footsy with the Federation