The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hold Thy Tongue

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bunny Branson

Hold Thy Tongue Empty
PostSubject: Hold Thy Tongue   Hold Thy Tongue EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 7:48 pm

So I am told that if I want a position in Bajoran Broadcasting Corporation here on Ephyra, I am not to speak of the "Incident". Yes, I would hardly call the death of 10 milion citizens of the Phoenix Colony, "An Incident".

I am told that I must proceed with simply reporting the activities of the inhabitants of the Bajoran Colony of Ephyra. This was once a garden of eden turned into a farming collective by the Cardassians, liberated by the Federation and then left as a poor independent colony five year ago. The some 1 million inhabitants have struggled to rebuild the once wonderous garden but are really nothing more than surviving.

I am told that I am permitted to cover the arrival of the refugees from the Beta Quadrant and the closing of the Alpha Opening of the Betazoid Wormhole at Third Corinthians but I am to make no reference to the Beta Opening in the Amanda Corridor near H'Atoria in the Klingon Empire. I am simply supposed to forget those events.

This would be within my capabilities had I not heard what I have heard recently... Colonel Acrylos Teero is in the process of convincing the Vedek, the reigning Theocrat Comina Kira that the colony should turn over its rejuvenation to Nicole Branson. The same Nicole Branson who engineered the chaos that was the demise of her previous command in the "Incident".

Nicole Branson has blood on her hands. She was the one who brought the people to the Omega Planet. She was the one who brought these races together. She believed in the mosaic. The mosaic cannot exist. The Cardassians cannot live with the Bajorans. The Klingons cannot live with the Romulans. These things are not possible.

The death of the colony was because of the blending. The Bajorans need to understand... Nicole Branson was brought here in a Cardassian ship. The USS - CGV Tanmesad was the only surviving vessel of the Fleet. The very fact that Branson was brought in a Cardassian vessel should be reason enough to exclude her. Don't these Bajorans remember a damn thing! The Cardassians ended their Eden. Now a woman, a Federation woman comes in a Cardassian Vessel. The Federation abandoned Ephyra. These are the two evils.

Branson stands at the precipice of command and I ask you all, citizens of Ephyra to stand up. Stand against her rise. She is not a savior but the pied piper who will lead you to slaughter.

I cannot stand against her tyranny. I cannot stand for I have been told...

Storyteller, hold thy tongue!

Posted by:

Christine T'Nley
Bajoran Broadcasting Corporation
Ephyra Colony
King's Fleet

Back to top Go down

Hold Thy Tongue
Page 1 of 1