The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Off and running

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vincent Viceroy
Admin

Off and running Empty
PostSubject: Off and running   Off and running EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 8:33 pm

The conversation lasted less the five seconds and Victor closed his com unit. Pocketing it in his inside suit pocket he smiled as he lifted his glass and downed the remainder of his drink.

“We’re a go.” he said standing up.

“Will wonders never cease.” Samantha sighed gathering her things.

The Jem'Hadar miners were making their way from Complex Number One to Complex Number Two, having just been informed their services were no longer needed. Many were grumbling about having to double up in a single complex when the sky above them seemed to suddenly fill with ships.

First there where large cargo ships outfitted for ruff terrain landings, massive landing pads slung under their hulls. When they touched down cargo doors dropped open under them and dozens of terra forming machines spued out heading in all directions. The miners ran for the gates of the number 2 complex, fearing they were about to run over. Staring in disbelief they stood at the fence and watched as in minutes several fresh landing pads had been carved and polished out of the stone. As the terra forming units completed their work the first wave of cargo ships rose back into the sky, to be replaced by a second wave. From these a dozen or more huge mining machines, manned by Robots headed for the mountain side and began digging new tunnels. As the rock and debris were ejected from the rear of the huge machines the terra forming units came and hauled it to the edge of the complex, using it to build a solid wall to replace the existing fence. It took only a couple of hours until the wall was high enough that the tops of the cargo ships could no longer be seen.

At that point the miners shrugged their collective shoulders and trudged into the Number 2 mine.

By the end of the first day the entire Number one complex was covered over with stone and a retractable door placed on the roof to allow access to the constant stream of ships taking off and landing.

Standing at the plaz-steel window on the 30th floor of the tallest building in New Cyndrial, Victor looked at the Mining complex several miles in the distance. Sipping a cup of coffee he nodded in satisfaction as the last ship of the day rose out of the new structure and headed off over the mountains on the horizon, heading back to Venerai V, Victors staging area for the operation. The door opened behind him, Sam walking in with more reports to review.

“I’m sorry Father, but this is not your only project. You still have the Geo Thermal units on Alpha Begen to complete, as well as the Solar collectors in orbit around Sires Prime that need replacing.”

Victor returned to his desk. “Yes, but it still gives me thrill to see a new project take off.”

“And if she had refused you? How were you going to pay for all of that, sitting and waiting on Venerai V?”

“She wasn’t going to refuse. Her back was to the wall and this was the only way out.”

“Pick your battles carefully.”

“Exactly.” he smiled. “How far behind were they on their delivery quota?”

“They still owned 130 units from last month, and are already 10 behind for this month.”

“Did you send it on to the warehouse from our inventory?”

“Yes, I can’t tell you how shocked the Warehouse administrator was.”

“I’d love to see the look on Ms. Bransons face when she sees she is up to date on all delivery schedules.”

Samantha turned and headed for the door. “I’m heading to what passes for this cities hotspot. Time to check out the locals. You coming?”

Victor was now seated at his desk, deep in the reports she had delivered. “No, you go ahead….Maybe tomorrow night.”

She stood in the door frame “You don’t have to pretend with me father. The minute I’m out of sight, you’re heading for the mines.”

Victor didn’t look up, but smiled as he pretended to study the work in front of him.

Off:

Victor Stone
Stone Energy
New Cyndrial
Camelot

Samantha Stone
Stone Energy
New Cyndrial
Camelot

Back to top Go down
https://omegacolony.forumotion.net

Off and running