The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vulcan Appeasement – Two Peas in a Pod

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vincent Viceroy
Admin

Vulcan Appeasement – Two Peas in a Pod Empty
PostSubject: Vulcan Appeasement – Two Peas in a Pod   Vulcan Appeasement – Two Peas in a Pod EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 6:09 am

Vincent met with Lt. Magenta Coren for nearly 1 hour. The Commodore was to meet with Magenta about the possibility of turning her research at the Yang Liwei Institute into a scientific doctorate. Nicole never suspected for an instance that there were other motives.

Commander Acrylos Teero took a shuttle to Governor's Station to demonstrate the new T-838 Escape Pod for Rear Admiral Eugenio Coren and his staff. Commander Teero indicated that he was unable to bring a sample large enough to demonstrate the size of the new T-838 model which literally had enough room for two people to comfortably sit and even included a table to sit at in the event that long waits were required. Commander Teero encouraged Rear Admiral Coren to come to the service and view the full size sample at Governor's Tower in Jersey. Commander Teero made an impassioned speech about protecting the inhabitants of Governor's Station in the event of more serious Vulcan threats.

Eugenio agreed to come to Governor's Tower to observe the new Escape Pod. He was looking at the mock up when Magenta and Nicole showed up with Vincent Viceroy. Vincent had made a similar impassioned plea about using the new T-838 for students at James T. Kirk Elementary telling Nicole that it would be ideal for the protection of Brenna Montgomery. Vincent and Magenta lead Nicole over to the mock up.

She looked at Eugenio and politely nodded. She stepped inside.

Magenta quickly slammed the door and engaged the wheel lock.

Nicole looked out, "What the hell?"

"My father needs to spend time with you to know the real you; a kind and gentle lady.", Magenta smiled.

"He would not do it on his own nor would you join him on the station so my mother and I hatched this plan.", Magenta explained.

"Elizabeth knew about this!", Eugenio screamed.

Commander Elizabeth Coren joined the staff in Governor's Tower. She waved to Eugenio and then took Magenta by the hand. Vincent and Acrylos followed leaving Eugenio and Nicole looked in the Pod.

Eugenio looked at Nicole, "There is no escape pod T-838 is there?"

Nicole looked at the Betazoid, "I doubt it."

Both laughed softly.

"Magenta loves you.", Eugenio said.

"And I love her.", Nicole looked at Eugenio.

There was a long silence.

"Would Brenna call me Grandpa?", Eugenio asked. He had always hoped for grandchildren.

"Grandpa is a term of endearment, Rear Admiral. If you behave like a grandpa, you will be a grandpa.", Nicole smiled.

"I should like to be a grandfather.", Eugenio muttered.

"There could be others.", Nicole smiled.

"Orchid carried baby Trista.", Nicole explained.

Eugenio seemed to brighten up.

"Magenta was such a delicate flower. We named her for the radiant color for that very reason.", Eugenio spoke as only a proud father could.

"She can fill a room.", Nicole spoke as only an impassioned lover could.

The feelings came from an entirely different place but the love filled Eugenio's Betazoid heart. He knew at that moment that Nicole loved Magenta.

"And what of Illyan?", Nicole asked.

"If Magenta has my blessing, Illyan will offer his as well.", Eugenio responded.

"I will show him your love. We are Betazoid. He will sense it. He won't be able to deny it.", Eugenio explained.

Nicole wished she could offer something to Illyan. He had lost so much. Eugenio could feel her sorrow. He reached out and took her hands.

"You too have lost, Nicole.", Eugenio was opening up to the choice of his daughter.

Nicole could feel his support growing. She was not Betazoid but his fatherly aura was filling the room.

She looked at him. He looked puzzled. They had been in there a long time. She could feel his need to ask her one more thing.

"What is it, Eugenio?", Nicole asked.

"How do you... How do you... Are their aides?", Eugenio looked at her. He had never had any odd inkling in his whole adult life.

"No aides.", Nicole smiled, definitely not wanting to talk about this with her future Father-In-Law.

"I have to ask, is Magenta the man?", Eugenio asked, wondering deeply if he had screwed her up somehow. If he had somehow made her masculine or if he had affected the other girls, either within his own family or the daughters of Illyan, his brother.

Nicole was so embarrased. She hid her face. She wanted to start crying. She knew that it would never appease Eugenio.

"You said it yourself, Eugenio. She is a delicate flower. She is and acts like a beautiful lady.", Nicole tried to be as careful as possible.

"Then there are two beautiful ladies in that room.", Eugenio spoke softly tearing up with Nicole's words.

Nicole could not help herself. She started to sob. She had never heard it put so eloquently.

Eugenio slid his chair over and placed it next to her. He put his arm on her shoulder, "Easy, sweetie. Looks like their plan worked perfectly."

Nicole sniffled, "Yes."

Eugenio rubbed both her shoulders, "There is one more thing."

Nicole sniffled deeply. The sound was very un-ladylike, "What is that?"

"After the wedding on December 14, 2388, will you call me dad.", Eugenio asked, tears streaming down his cheeks.

Eugenio could not have known the nerve he touched. Nicole had lost her father when she was only 2 years old. Most of the older men in her life had wanted only 1 thing. Nicole started to literally wail she was crying so hard.

"It would be my pleasure, Dad.", Nicole sobbed.

Posted by:

Vice Admiral Nicole Branson
Fiancee of Lt. Magenta Coren
Phoenix Colony
Phoenix Fleet

Special Cameo Appearances by:

Commander Acrylos Teero
Chief Engineer
Phoenix Colony
Phoenix Fleet

Commodore Vincent Viceroy
Star Fleet Commanding Officer