The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Marcus Dinn’s Personal Log - Star Trek 3000, Conclusion

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vincent Viceroy
Admin

Marcus Dinn’s Personal Log - Star Trek 3000, Conclusion Empty
PostSubject: Marcus Dinn’s Personal Log - Star Trek 3000, Conclusion   Marcus Dinn’s Personal Log - Star Trek 3000, Conclusion EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 8:48 am

“I do not think this is necessary.” Rachael pleaded.

“Get the drug Doctor.” Steven ordered, taking a seat in the lab.

As Dr. Ofstan went to retrieve the hypo spray from a cabinet she continued to argue. “But we haven’t even tried to re-establish contact without it yet.” She turned around and faced him from across the room . “You realize this could kill you!?”

The Assistant Secretary of Planetary Defense rolled up his sleeve and then turned on one of the monitors on the wall, changing the channel to a news broadcast. “Look!”

The announcer could be heard over images of the night Skyline of Moscow. “Minutes ago the power grid for 30 million Russians failed.” The skyline went dark, block by block. “Reports are coming in of blasts from some type of weapon from the Ambrosian blockade directed against the four Fusion plants supplying power to the city.”

Steven looked at Rachael. “We’re out of time.”

She couldn’t take her eyes of the screen. “Why? Why are they doing this?”

“Because they found out we were on the brink of developing a weapon to break their blockade.”
“What? You found a way to fight them?”

“If we had only a few weeks more….yes. But someone gave it away to them.”

“ A traitor? Do you know who?”

Shaking his head he frowned. “Doesn’t matter anymore,, does it?”

She came up to him and injected the liquid into his arm. It burned like fire and Steven winced. In seconds it made its way to his brain, vastly enhancing the neural connections deep in hippocampus. It also started speeding up his heart rate and blood pressure. Rachael took a seat next to him and before he could stop her she injected herself.

“What are you doing?!” he grabbed her hand.

“Going with you. You said you felt the person next to you in the last visit was me. If it was, then if I go with you it will increase our chances.”

“I never asked you do that! Rachael god no…..”

She looked deep into his eyes. The emotional pain far outstripping the pain of his racing heart. “I’m sorry Steven. I’m sorry we could not be honest with each other. But you are married. And I, ….I”

“You know I love you.” He whispered.

“And I you.”

The drug was taking effect, she could feel her own pulse start to accelerate. ‘Now lay back and try to relax. Do as we practiced. Count back from 100 and let the connection come.

As they sat in silence, counting down, focusing their minds, the room suddenly went dark. There was not a sound to be heard. It broke their concentration for a minute as they both knew there was no escape now. The lab was locked deep underground and without power the doors would never open again. Come what may , this was their final resting place.

It is believed by some that the soul exists not only in this physical universe but at the same time in the spiritual universe. A universe transcending time and space. In the next few moments Steven Michaels and Rachel Ofstan left their earthly bodies and slipped between dimensions, stepped out of time and saw before them the hundreds of lives that had gone before and thankfully were yet to be fulfilled. Steven took Rachels hand and pulled her toward the connection that was still strongest. They saw two bodies before them, locked in passion, the passion they had denied themselves. They looked at each other and then became one, as the physical bodies they entered reached that point where the two become one, lost in that moment of complete acceptance of each other. Their presence, overlapping their past lives lasted only a second. But maybe only a second would be needed.

Back in the lab their physical bodies reached that point that their hearts could no longer contended with the stress placed upon them. And in unison the life they knew ended.

They felt their physical union for just one second and then were jerked back out of their past lives and found themselves standing on a lush meadow, the sun warm against their skin. A man seemed to form out of thin air and walked up to them. Reaching out he hugged each in turn. “Welcome home children.” He smiled.

They looked at each other and then back at him. “We’re dead …. Aren’t we?”

He laughed. “No children. You’re just home from a long trip. Come, let’s talk about it.”

Off:

Steven Michaels (Marcus Dinn)
Assistant Secretary of Planetary Defense
Earth

Dr. Rachel Ofstan (Veronica Harringer)
PLC (Past Life Contact) Project
Planetary Defense
Back to top Go down
https://omegacolony.forumotion.net

Marcus Dinn’s Personal Log - Star Trek 3000, Conclusion
Page 1 of 1