The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Enemy of My Enemy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Christine TNley

The Enemy of My Enemy Empty
PostSubject: The Enemy of My Enemy   The Enemy of My Enemy EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 7:41 pm

The Retarnee attacks have occurred on Nequencia in the Romulan empire and on H'Atoria in the Klingon Empire. Now Retarnee attacks have been confirmed here at Kalama on the Phoenix Colony. The fast rising enemy of peace has also made attacks deeper in the Beta Quadrant.

The Beta Quadrant remains largely unexplored. Very little is known about the quadrant and the science and cartographical departments of the Phoenix Federation have charted very little of the vast expanse. The only wanring given to ships has been the worry about the Zaranites and their scavaging nature.

Captain Vanessa Sanders has earned much praise and has been the subject of many stories from the early days of the Providence and their engagement with the Zaranites. Captain Jason Morris and his Hellraiser's exploration force failed to make a dent in exploration of the territory. Captain Morris was unable to deal with his first encounter with a disconnect Borg cube and simply lost interest in the nature of exploration.

It is not beyond the realm of possibility that the Retarnee attacks would continue deeper into the Beta Quadrant attacking races barely theorized about by the Federation, the Romulans or the Klingons. Colonel Teero has spent a great deal of time tracking the use of Transphasic Weaponry since the attack on the USS Apollo. This effort has been designed as a two fold attack: One to understand and perhaps adopt such weaponry and two to prevent another attack.

The Bajoran genius reported a similar attack deeper into the Beta Quadrant resulting in the repelling of the Straninburg Cruiser with a series of small but very powerful fighters. Teero was unable to describe who such vessels would be piloted given their size and even theorized that the vessels may be robotic in nature. The Bajoran was most curious and asked for permission to investigate further.

Colonel Teero joined the crew of the USS Providence as the mighty Rhodes Island Class entered into the planetary cluster with no weapons engaged and no shields up. Acrylos was most impressed with the efforts of Captain Sanders. The Tholian hybrid had a ton of guts and her exploratory nature was exactly what Star Fleet was once based upon. The Bajoran thought of Captain Janeway and Captain Picard as Vanessa announced her presence on many channels offering the assistance of the Phoenix Colony as representatives of the Phoenix Federation in support of anyone who had been attacked by the Retarnee.

A deep booming voice answered, "This is Dominar Cillian the Four Hundred Twenty Fourth, Dominar of the Hynarian Empire of Beta Cormac, Ruler, Protector and Benafactor of over 12 million inhabitant of the Beta Cormac System."

Celot looked at Vanessa, "What the hell is a Hynarian?"

"I have no freakin' idea but we better decide if they are friendly very quickly.", Vanessa looked out the main viewer to see a swarm of the tiny ships appear. There had to be several hundred fighters.

Vanessa looked at Autumn, "Any thoughts Ms. Laree?"

"Weapons remain down, Captain. I am not prepared to take on that swarm. They decimated a Retarnee Cruiser.", Autumn responded.

"They have to be robotic. Perhaps we could jam them.", Acrylos offered.

"Send the image to Omega Prime. Inform Captain Warren and Commodore Viceroy.", Vanessa ordered.

"And dammit, someone find out what the hell a Hynarian is", Vanessa ordered.

"Jam the fighters.", Acrylos broadcast a powerful signal from the Rhodes Island Emitter Array.

"No effect.", Autumn reported.

"It should be working.", Acrylos complained.

"I think I can get a high level scan of one of the fighters.", Corporal Olivia De Marco reported from main engineering.

"Do it.", Celot ordered from the first officer's chair.

"I think I got an image from one of the fighters.", Olivia broadcast the image to main viewer.

"What the hell is that?", Celot asked.

"That is a Hynarian.", Vanessa stood up.

"Dominar Cillian, my name is Captain Vanessa Sanders of the Phoenix Federation Starship, the USS Providence and we are not your enemy. We have been targeting the use of Transphasic Weaponry by the Retarnee after such weaponry was used to destroy one of our vessels. We have observed such an attack on one of the planets in the Beta Cormac System. For this we are here to offer our deepest sympathies and our assistance.", Vanessa stood up walking towards the main viewer in her best Picard impression.

Suddenly there was a deep silence. It was as though the tiny swarm was digesting the information.

Autumn looked up from the Operations Console, "Vanessa, we have received a data file."

"Have the computer read it out.", Vanessa ordered.

"Hynerians are a bipedal species, though quite small compared to the standards of other bipedals studied thus far. Indeed, they appear to be in the region of two feet high.

The main characteristics of a Hynerian is their skin, which is an oily green hue. They have no thinning of the neck from the shoulders to the head, instead it seems their head is merely an extension of the body. The cranium is also quite small, however the species possesses large ears and eyeballs, and indeed a large mouth. However, they have no nasal protrusion, so instead of having a nose they have two slits where the nostrils would be on the face. Hynerians also boast a life span of several hundred cycles, possibly even spanning up to a thousand.

Hynerians thus far studied seem to have small feet, which could be seen as paws. Their hands, while comprising of only a few digits, are capable of wielding tools and weapons with the best of them.

It is widely believed that the Hynerians are an amphibious species, which would help denote their thick, leathery green skin in regards to possibly a crocodile or alligator. They do, however, have a bizarre digestion system, boasting three stomachs and the ability to fart helium gas when nervous or frightened.", the computer read slowly.

Vanessa looked at Autumn and then at the viewer, "I guess Dominar Cillian that getting your nervous or frightened is not a good plan than."

There was another long pause and then a chuckle appeared on multiple channels, "I certainly would not recommend it."

Vanessa looked at Autumn, "Send the Dominar the history of humanity, of Star Fleet, of the Phoenix Liberation War and of life on the Phoenix Colony."

"Yes, Captain.", Commander Laree responded.

"I think I should one day like to meet your President Hunt and this Nicole Branson who has so graciously offered to help us.", Cillian responded.

"And I am certain they would share your wish to meet you, Dominar.", Vanessa responded.

"Report our findings to Commodore Viceroy and Captain Warren. Send the data package to the Omega Academy. I am certain the Chancellor would like to know about our new friends.", Vanessa ordered Autumn.

"Yes, Captain.", Autumn responded.

"Dominar Cillian, we are pleased to make your acquaintance and offer free access to our station, Governor's Station orbiting the Phoenix Colony and to the Cardassian station, Terok Beta orbiting the same. We would be honored if you would be so kind to address our territory government and our academy.", Vanessa requested.

"I would be honored as well.", Dominar Cillian responded.

Posted by:

Commodore Vincent Viceroy
Secretary of Defence
Phoenix Colony
Phoenix Federation

Writing as Captain Vanessa Sanders and for the Crew of the USS Providence

Based upon an email request from

Nicole Branson
Omega Academy Chancellor
Phoenix Colony
Phoenix Federation

Special Guest Appearance by