The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Not Human...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vincent Viceroy
Admin

Not Human... Empty
PostSubject: Not Human...   Not Human... EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 7:19 am

Erica Lavigne shocked the community by announcing charges being filed against Tokken and the Togre and then filing an injunction preventing new JAG T'tan of Vulcan from hearing the case.

Erica made the shocking claim that Tokken and the Togre be banned from serving as peacekeepers in the Tokyo Occupation. The ground for the case, The Togre are not sentient beings; in fact they were nothing more than very intelligent animals domesticated on the colony by the Vulcans and others.

The words were almost so offensive words could not begin to describe the reading. Worse yet, the Phoenix Colony Law Society allowed the Antican Cleveland Powers to hear the case. A decision protested by everyone invovled including the Phoenix Fleet.

Powers political history is well known. He is a former interim govenor of colony and has the creditials to hear the case.

Lavigne and others have been calling for controls placed on the Togre every since their first appearance in this incident. The tribe should not be involved. Lavigne began a grandiose speech about natives on other colonies, about the grand history of the Togre but then began to compare their high culture to that of Baboons, Gorillas or even Dolphins on Earth. These high cultures are held in great regard but are not considered sentient or worthy of the voting or military rights.

T'tan stormed from the court room in disgust. The Togre are not apes, they are sentient group of tribesmen and women native to the colony. They are a proud warrior race.

Vincent too stormed from the room. There would be no defence presented by the colony senior command. To acknowledge this would be to give it credence.

Cleveland stodd up, "If no one speaks to the defence, I will have no option but to accept the statements of Ms. Lavigne as fact."

Cujo Shepard is a mere student in the Omega Academy and was sitting as an observer in the court room when he heard the speech by Mr. Powers. Despite his underground involvements, Cujo actually respected Cleveland. He looked around the room. He stood up in absolute silence. Why was this student standing up?

Cujo looked around, "When the Borg came to Antican B7, we were simple refugees. We came here with our 'dog like' appearance. We were never asked if our animal like appearance made as non-sentient. We were simply asked how many were there and how long could we wait for a city. We went from nothing to the great city of Paris in mere months. We are so great now. Our own Cole Porter served as Governor of the Colony. The Anticans are now expanding into the Beta Quadrant because of our freedoms here."

Erica shouted, "I object. No one is questioning the sentiency of the Anticans."

Cleveland looked at Cujo, "Student Shepard, please relate any comments to the facts at hand."

"The Vulcans were occupied by the Klingons and the Togre came to their defence. They are a heroic and triumphant people.", Cujo replied.

"No one is questioning their heroics. A horse or working dog is capable of heroism.", Erica snapped.

Cujo looked at Dr. Tatum Sewen, "The other day, I was alone on this colony. I went to my father and he introduced me to Dr. Tatum Sewen, a wonderful person and a Tellerite. She never looked at me as anything other than a person. She never asked about my history or my appearance."

Tatum stood up, "ya."

Tatum smiled, "Mr. Shepard never commented on my pig like features. He never asked for my creditials as a doctor. He just wanted to be my friend."

Erica stood up and protested, "This is all wonderful but it does not preclude my earlier statements."

"Tokken has acted for the protection of Commander T'tan. He has done so out of respect but more than that out of love. There was nothing compelling the Togre to become involved in the civil war was a deep loyalty to Commander T'tan. A love...", Cujo continued.

"Tokken is in love with the Commander. This is not a mating instinct. This is a deep routed love and admiration... Something only sentient beings are capable of.", Cujo smiled.

Cleveland also smiled. He pointed to the young man and winked, "In light of this compelling new evidence, the Phoenix Colony officially recognizes the Togre as citizens of the Phoenix Colony, the Phoenix Federation and the Universe as a whole."

Erica stormed from the room.

Posted by:

Rear Admiral Vincent Viceroy
Military Commander In Chief
Phoenix Colony
Phoenix Federation

Based on writing cue provided by

Christine T'Nley
Omega News Network
Phoenix Colony
Phoenix Federation

Back to top Go down