The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Magenta Interview

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vincent Viceroy
Admin

The Magenta Interview Empty
PostSubject: The Magenta Interview   The Magenta Interview EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 7:45 pm

Erica looked around, "This facility is incredible. May I have a tour?"

Magenta looked at Lavigne, "No. The activities within the Viral Institute are classified."

"I thought the facility was converted from its Romulan Viral Research to a Medical Research Facility.", Erica feverishly typed on a PADD as she listened.

"The dangers presented by viral research will not be exposed to the general public.", Magenta was firm in her stance.

"Who supports all this? Do you think the Phoenix Colony gets appropriate support from the Phoenix Federation overall Government? ", Erica asked.

"The colony is supported by the construction networks of Commander Acrylos Teero. The efforts of the Phoenix Colony are supported and controlled by Nicole Branson.", Magenta responded.

"What about William Hunt? What do you know about him?", Erica asked.

Magenta's Betazoid sensititivities went off like "spider sense". She could see that Erica was fishing for more than colony politics.

"I don't know Hunt well but he loves Nicole like a daughter. He has been very gracious. One thing for certain, he sure saved the Federation butts in the Romulan situation.", Magenta laughed.

Paige glared at her. There was no discounting the facts though.

"Do you think the government of the Phoenix Colony is dedicated to its performance?", Erica asked.

"T'tan is a bit mysterious and mischievious. She got elected in a very split vote. She is capable of getting anything done.", Magenta responded.

"What does that mean?", Erica fished for more information.

"She slept with Tokken to save her city. She is one tough broad.", Magenta responded, "Have you seen that troll?"

"Do you think that citizens of the colony receive good quality training, right from being a young child to being an officer on a star ship? Do you think the colony neglects those who are not "smart" enough to be officers?", Erica continued.

"Of course. I teach at the Academy. I also work at the Dr. Leonard McCoy Teaching Hospital. We prepare citizens to enter the real world. We also reevaluate this program. We have the Plato's Academy today because we identified a difficiency in our program.", Magenta responded.

"Can the colony provide for the basic needs of its inhabitants? Food, Shelter and Water or any species specific items?", Erica asked.

"I heard about this question. It makes me laugh. Most houses have the large consumer replicator. They are amazing.", Magenta grinned.

She walked over the replicator, "White wine, 2 glasses, chilled."

She handed one to Erica, "We hardly worry about basic needs here. We worry about rare needs like fine wine."

Erica smiled.

"Are there checks and balances to make sure that no one is doing anything outside the colony charter or any illegal activities going on?", Erica asked.

"Yes and its a damn good thing. Hunt would always just blow things up.", Magenta laughed.

"Controls are in place to protect our own stupidity as well as the criminals.", Magenta smiled.

Erica loved the answer and raised her glass. Her opinion of the colony was seriously changing.

"What is the Emergency Response Plan? Would you feel safe in a crisis on the colony?", Erica asked.

"God, we have had way too much practice on this one. The Vulcans, the Romulans, the Klingons, the Tamarians, and the Federation have all forced us into defensive mode. These events have reminded us that we can deal with a crisis but it is a reminder we would rather not have.", Magenta frowned, sipping from the glass.

"Is the colony willing to evaluate its existence on an ongoing basis?", Erica asked.

"Each department, each ship, the Task Group, the Stations, all of it is evaluated continuously. We are not perfect. We make mistakes and work dilligently to correct them.", Magenta responded.

"I have one more question.", Erica looked at Magenta.

"Nicole Branson is an idiot. During her trial, she looked like a niave blond child. What the heck do you see in her?", Erica looked at Magenta.

"She has an amazing tongue.", Magenta responded.

"I realize that she is a great speaker and it has gotten her a long way in her career, but how does that make her a good life partner.", Erica responded.

"And you think Nicole is the NIAVE one.", Magenta burst out laughing. Erica had obviously missed the comment.

Posted by:

Dr. Magenta Coren-Branson
Curator, Dr. Yang Liwei Viral Research Institute
Veltkamp Village, Territory Omega, Phoenix Colony
Phoenix Federation

Back to top Go down
https://omegacolony.forumotion.net

The Magenta Interview
Page 1 of 1