The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Klingons In the House

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bunny Branson

Klingons In the House Empty
PostSubject: Klingons In the House   Klingons In the House EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 7:40 pm

Brenna was looking at the replicator, "Cereal and Milk, is that such a hard concept?"

Brenna banged the wall, "Stupid suburban construction."

She was showing her teenage temper. Finally, the replicator started and made her cereal. She was about to pick up the bowl when she turned to see Dr. Chikace Larle. She recognized her immediately from the expose on ONN about her giving up her ridges in protest to the death of Mommy Magenta.

Brenna screamed, "Klingons! Klingons in the House!"

Nicole came running downstairs, still in a soft pink nightee, "Where? Where?"

Brenna pointed at Casey. Brenna backed against the wall. She looked so terrified, "Oh Brenna. Brenna I am so sorry."

"I invited Dr. Larle. Casey stayed here with me last night.", Nicole explained.

"What? She is a Klingon!", Brenna shouted.

Nicole tried to hug her daughter. Brenna brushed by her spilling her cereal, "Don't touch me. You don't understand. She is a Klingon! Klingons killed Mommy Magenta!"

Brenna rushed upstairs. Nicole shouted, "Brenna."

Casey looked overwhelmed. Nicole shouted, "Brenna, get your ass back down here!"

The women could hear the door slam. Nicole looked at Casey, "I am sorry."

Casey walked over and looked out the window, "Do you know what it was like growing up with ridges in Elementary and High School?"

Nicole walked up and put her hand on Casey's back, "I am sorry."

"Nicole, would you mind if I went upstairs to see her.", Casey asked.

"Are you sure you want to?", Nicole asked.

Casey walked up the stairs without answering. She walked up and opened the door. Brenna grabbed her pillow and pulled it over her head.

"Brenna Montgomery, my name is Dr. Chikace Larle but my friends call me Casey.", Casey looked at Brenna as she sat on the bottom of the bed.

"Hmmfph", came from the pillow.

"I was so hurt by the death of your mother that I had my ridges removed. I was so embarrassed to be Klingon that I stepped away from my culture. I cannot bring your mother back but I can honor her memory by helping you and Mommy Nicole.", Casey explained.

Brenna rolled over, "You did all that for Mommy Magenta."

"What General Kabarann and her henchmen did was not honorable or Klingon, it was retaliatory and brutal. There will be no songs in Stovokor for that.", Casey snapped.

"I miss her so much.", Brenna teared up.

"I can never replace that but I can help you and Nicole be strong. I can offer a shoulder to cry on. I may be able to one day offer love. I want to do that.", Casey smiled.

"I spilled my cereal.", Brenna cried out.

"What do you say, you, me and Nicole go to OZ for a real breakfast?", Casey asked.

"But OZ is on Governor's Station.", Brenna explained.

"I know.", Casey grinned.

"Cool.", Brenna showed a tiny little smile. Casey tried to tickle her. Brenna at first shyed away but then moved towards Casey.

Soon huge giggles could be heard from upstairs. Nicole stood at the bottom of the stairs trying to listen. She heard the giggles and then teared up herself. She thought the incident had scarred Brenna forever and she would never hear the laughter again.

"Casey is taking us to OZ.", Brenna shouted as she came down the stairs, "On Governor's Station."

"She is, is she?", Nicole looked at Casey.

The threesome enjoyed a wonderful breakfast. Marcus Dinn's restaurant was a great place. Nicole looked at Casey, "I have to go the Federation Complex."

"I can take her home.", Casey responded.

"I am not sure about that. I can arrange for an officer to do it.", Nicole responded.

"Please. Please let me go with Mama Cass.", Brenna did not understand the historical reference to her phrase but it was perfect.

Casey could hardly contain herself. She actually had to bite her bottom lip to keep from crying at the words. She had gone from outcast to part of something in a mere few days.

"Take care of Brenna.", Nicole looked at Casey.

"And you, young lady, BEHAVE yourself.", Nicole emphasized.

"Yes, Vice Admiral Branson.", Casey looked at the floor mocking Nicole.

Brenna could see the playfulness in this and repeated, "Yes, Vice Admiral Branson."

Nicole shook her head and headed for the shuttle bays.

Posted by:

Vice Admiral Nicole Branson
Senior Military Officer
Phoenix Colony
Phoenix Federation

Back to top Go down

Klingons In the House
Page 1 of 1