The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Seige of Rome – Press Release

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bunny Branson

The Seige of Rome – Press Release Empty
PostSubject: The Seige of Rome – Press Release   The Seige of Rome – Press Release EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 7:12 pm

To:
Omega News Network

Captain Isaiah Reed
Commanding Officer
Command Air Group
Phoenix Fleet

Subject:

Press release in response to the reporting of the Black Hole Soul incident.

Body:

In light of recent events both factual and made up by the media, I, Isaiah Reed, Captain of the Yang Liwei and Commanding Officer of Phoenix Fleet's Air Group, have decided to give you, the Media, a firsthand account of the events and also an explanation of the man whom you have called "inexperienced".

First off, the situation that resulted in the destruction of the downed Romulan ships was a terrible situation all around. I will not speak on the details of that are strictly between Romulan people, but when an object is in a descent that will cause the destructive deaths of so many Federation Colonists, is it the Media's view that We, as Federation officers, must stand aside and let them die?

I should hope not, though it seems that the Omega News Network thinks that way.

Now, as for my "inexperience", I offer up m y star fleet service record:

(I will not bore you with dates and my academy years, but I am sure if you wish to look into it, Admiral Branson will open my record for all to see)

I, like many other line officers, cut my teeth in the Dominion Wars. It was during the wars that two great events in my life occurred:

I gained my first command station, Being the Commanding Officer of VFA-138.

And My Penning the widely used thesis "On Asteroid Fighter Tactics".

It was also during this time that I was able to use my theories in practice, which, let the record show, improved the Starfleet to Dominion Fighter Kill Ratio.

I came to the position I currently hold because the Fleet Command of Phoenix Fleet, Admirals Hunt, Veltkamp, and Branson, approached me while I was lecturing here on Phoenix-Colony at Omega Academy.

Now, with my "inexperience" taken care of, let me get to more pressing matters.

There are those that believe that the Phoenix-Colony is in danger now that the Romulans have taken a offense at our protecting our own people.

Your own News Service states that we are not taking this threat seriously, and that we are ill prepared.

This is a case of bad reporting. I assure you that the Officials on the Omega Surface, as well as the Command staff of this great fleet, are pursuing every available course of action.

As for My own involvement, the USS Yang Liwei is a front line Carrier that was designed to provide a devastating blow to any enemy that dares attack the federation.

Her hangar decks are filled with state of the art fighters like the Valkyrie and Redemption. Her ready rooms are full of veteran Pilots from the Dominion Wars, and every Squadron on Board was handpicked by myself for its Record in the previous conflicts.

On top of that, her crew is eager and willing to test out her torpedoes, as well as the Battalion of Marines that are just itching for a fight.

I believe that it is the Romulans who think this is a game, for to Me, war is not a Game. War is a Business that must be pursued to the full end of hostilities.

Yes, I assure you that if war is what the Romulans Wish to bring to the table, then we will serve it to them with the ice cold precision forged in fire fights with the Dominion....

That being said, I welcome any and all Press inquiries, and have gotten full permission for a Press Conference on the current state of affairs if it is felt that it is needed.

Posted By:
Capt. Isaiah Reed
Commanding Officer
USS Yang Liwei
Phoenix Fleet
Back to top Go down

The Seige of Rome – Press Release
Page 1 of 1