The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Seige of Rome – Don't Fall to Pieces

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vincent Viceroy
Admin

The Seige of Rome – Don't Fall to Pieces Empty
PostSubject: The Seige of Rome – Don't Fall to Pieces   The Seige of Rome – Don't Fall to Pieces EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 4:07 pm

Nicole was still sulking over losing her sister. She was parading around in black dresses and looking rather frumpy. Vincent had grown tired of her not doing anything and chastised, even publicly for not fulfilling her obligation.

In her office, he violently shook her and yelled at her, "This is Star Fleet. People die."

Nicole screamed back, "Not in the Civil Service Corps!"

Nicole started crying once more. Vincent had grown tired of her poor, pitiful me behavior. He turned and shouted back, "This is not the civil service, Admiral. This is the real fleet. The Borg is on your colony. What the F*** are you going to do about it?"

Nicole was hurt by the comments as wiped her tears as she followed Vincent from the Governor's Officer. Vincent then introduced Nicole to Lt. Commander Lisa Leffler. Vincent told Nicole that the pair would have something in common, both achieving rank through the Star Fleet Civil Service. Lisa as a lecturer and Nicole as an Art and Fleet Services officer. The ladies nodded but did not speak.

Vincent informed Nicole that Lisa had given a presentation at the Covington Conference regarding the possibility of interrupting communication between the biological components and implants on a Borg. Vincent informed Nicole that he hoped that this interference wave could be used in practice her. Vincent told Nicole that she was welcome to join them on the Vorta'Rome battlefield as Lt. Commander Leffler tested her theory.

Commander Teero had been silent but he spoke up, "Nicole, you should come. This could be a momentous occasion. Commander T'Ros is going to meet us at this GPS location and we are going to use a standard wave generator to test the theory."

Lisa looked at Nicole, "I would be honored if you would attend, Vice Admiral."

Nicole finally cracked a small smile, "I guess it is my colony."

Vincent was very pleased to here her say that. Over her sulking period, she had been more concerned with her own existence than her command.

The group took a shuttle out to the battle scene. The Romulans were not about to accept defeat and continued to wage war on the three scouts, with very little success.

Commodore Viceroy landed the shuttle. Lisa and Acrylos set up the equipment. Nicole and Vincent surveyed the territory. Obviously the Borg scouts did not see them as a threat, they hardly even fired a shot at the shuttle.

Lisa looked at Acrylos, "Lisa Leffler's Law #1 ~ If you cut off the head, the snake dies"

Acrylos laughed at the human engineer. Acrylos told Lisa, "I hate to be a downer but I don't think this will work."

Lisa smiled, "You just watch."

Nicole and Vincent walked over as Lt. Commander Leffler engaged her weapon. The invisible field passed over the Romulan Marines and then hit the scouts. They staggered badly and then slowly crumbled to the ground.

Nicole turned to Lisa amid cheers from the Romulans, "I could kiss you."

Lisa looked at Nicole and shocked everyone by responding, "Why don't you then?"

Vincent was stunned. He never got the impression that Lisa was not flirting with HIM.

Nicole really needed a kiss. She leaned in and the pair kissed in celebration. There was no love, at least not yet, just a celebratory peck on the lips, but there was definitely chemistry.

Commander T'Ros came over, "I hope I am not interrupting anything."

Nicole was a bit embarrassed as she stepped back.

Commander T'Ros smiled, "My superiors are overjoyed with our battlefield victory, Vice Admiral. The Siege of Rome is being withdrawn. The visigoths are withdrawing."

Nicole smiled and patted Lisa on the back, "You can thank Lt. Commander Leffler and Commodore Viceroy. This is all their efforts."

Nicole walked towards the shuttle. T'Ros hollared, "Thank you, nonetheless, Nicole."

Nicole raised her arm but got into the shuttle without looking back.

Commander T'Ros looked at Vincent. The pair had often not seen eye to eye. Like Christine T'Nley, Vincent blamed the Romulans for the Omega chaos. T'Ros finally broke the silence, "Thank you, Commodore."

Vincent smiled as Lisa and Acrylos finished loading the gear, "Our work is finished here. The Siege of Rome is over."

Posted by:

Commodore Vincent Viceroy
Omega Prime Mayor
Phoenix Colony
Phoenix Fleet

Vice Admiral Nicole Branson
Territory Omega Governor
Phoenix Colony
Phoenix Fleet

Commander Acrylos Teero
Chief Engineer
Phoenix Colony