The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Change in Job Assignments

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Christine TNley

Change in Job Assignments Empty
PostSubject: Change in Job Assignments   Change in Job Assignments EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 7:39 pm

Zon and Cassandra paced around the conference table in meeting room 2A on the third level of Governors Station. They had not heard from Marcus for days and then suddenly they had been summoned to a meeting without any idea of the purpose.

Zon stopped at a huge window overlooking the one of the docking platforms, "So... you think we're out of jobs?"

Cassandra looked up, her train of thought broken. "What?....oh...you think he's going to fire us?"

"I don't know.... I mean...Why would he care about a couple of little Bars now that he has this giant Corporation to look after."

The Orion took a seat and brushed back her long black hair. "God Zon... I thought you knew the man. Marcus is not going to leave us hanging."

Zon looked back out the window. " I suppose."

The doors to the conference room swished open,. Marcus and Anderson striding in.

"You suppose what?" Marcus asked.

Cassandra spun around in her chair. "He thinks he needs to start looking for another job."

Marcus took the seat at the head of the table, Anderson to his right. "You're not happy at RICKS?"

Zon shook his head. 'I love RICKS. But....I mean...."

"Sit down Zon." Marcus smiled. "We have business to discuss."

The giant man took a seat half way down the table, almost fearful to look up.

"First, thank you for coming on such short notice. Second, I'm sorry I've been out of touch for so long. But things have been happening pretty quickly."

"You mean like changing the name of the company, taking over ANI Services. That was bold." Cassandra said.

"ANI needed taking over. Nash, god rest his soul, pretty much screwed over everyone there. And the name change...well, I want the public to know the company will be taking new directions."

Cassandra shook her head. "I hope you know what you're doing. All the pundits think you're way way over your head."

Anderson chuckled. 'Don't worry. I've never seen anyone take to the business like Mr. Dinn has these last few days."

"Anyway"....Marcus interrupted. "to the matters at hand. First, Zon, I am turning RICKS over to you."

Zon looked up in amazement. "What...What do you mean?"

"I mean sign these papers and the club is yours."

Anderson took a document out of a brief case and passed it over to him. Zon looked it over. As he did Marcus continued. "I do expect to maintain my own table and all drinks to be on the house for me and my guests."

Zon laughed. "Of course boss....of course."

Marcus turned to Cassandra. She looked at him now with anticipation.

"Oz however. I'm selling to another party." Marcus said.

"What?! Damn Marcus...you give this big oaf that club on the surface and you leave me out to hang?"

Marcus raised his hand. "I have something else for you Cassandra."

She raised an eyebrow and waited.

"You have extensive piloting skills, do you not?" Marcus continued.

She tilted her head. "You know I do...where are you going with this?"

Marcus stood up and went to the window. He pressed his comm badge and motioned for Cassandra to join him a the window.

Out of the blackness of space a ship started to appear. It grew slowly at first and suddenly there it was hovering just out from the docking ports.

"Oh my god....that's ....an Akira." she turned to him. "Is that ...yours?"

"Well...actually it belongs to the Corporation."

"But how?"

"I had one last card to play with the Federation. She was to be mothballed. It's seen some heavy action and Star Fleet didn't want to repair her. So I was able to make a deal."

Anderson got up. 'Nearly bankrupted the company the first week out."

"Why? What are you going to do with her."

"She is our prize R and D vessel. I need you to help fix her up. Then, I need you to captain her."

Cassandra nearly fell over. "You're shitting me."

"No I'm not." Marcus smiled. 'Can I count on you?"

"Gezz...I don't know... look for another job.... Or Captain... that." she said pointing.

"That...is the Banshee. So I take that as a yes." Marcus turned to Anderson. "See. I told you it would go great."

Anderson started putting his things together. "Yea. Well... we'll see how it goes when the colony administration finds out what you have."

Marcus extended his elbow for Cassandra to take. "Shall we take the tour?"

"Yes!" she said nearly pulling him along.

"Come on Zon." Marcus called over his shoulder. 'You can wait a few hours before starting in on all the changes I'm sure you want to make."

"Oh no boss...." Zon lied. "I love RICKS just the way it is."

Marcus Dinn
President/CEO Dinn Industries
Phoenix Colony
Phoenix Federation

Back to top Go down

Change in Job Assignments
Page 1 of 1