The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Seige of Rome – Buying Time

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bunny Branson

The Seige of Rome – Buying Time Empty
PostSubject: The Seige of Rome – Buying Time   The Seige of Rome – Buying Time EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 7:10 pm

"I pray that the inexperienced Reed is careful now. This is not a game to the Romulans. This is a demonstration of their power..." Reed shut off the news report. It was about the twelfth time that he had heard it in the past few hours. As he moved away from that screen for the time being, he unbuttoned his jacket and slipped out of it, leaving just the shirt to keep his skin protected from the controlled environment of his Quarters.

Sitting back down at the screen, he typed in the address for Vice Admiral Branson and leaned back, awaiting for her to answer.

Nicole and her protege, S'Nii of Vulcan walked into the Federation Complex in Omega Prime. Nicole had picked up S'Nii from the Academy before heading out to Governor's Mansion. She had spent the day in negotiations with the Anticans about a series of new refugees for her colony. She was just there to grab some PADDs on Antican and Caitian political histories. She was startled when the computer chimed. She had not even turned on any lights yet.

"Good Evening Admiral.." He paused to allow her to settle in before continuing. "We seem to between a rock and a hard place, Admiral. And I do not mean the Media..."

Nicole walked over to the LCARS entry point. She entered her command code and then switched the system from voice to text.

"Captain Reed. We are most grateful for your help with the falling Romulan ships.", Nicole typed in, gleefully. She thought of the potential of a War Bird falling on one of her cties.

Sighing slightly he shook his head. "Yes, the Romulans are scared of the Yang Liwei, but we are a paper tiger, Admiral." he paused and sighed again. "We are going to need at least another ship here. Most of my squadrons are at half strength. My Torpedo Squadron has not even yet arrived on board..."

"The Romulans are not yet prepared for an all out squirmish with the federation, Mr. Reed. You have the Valkyries aboard and the threat is more important than the reality. Until the internal Romulan Squirmish, they were content just to sit up there. This is why it is critically important that you sit up there too. Mutually assured destruction is a fantastic defence.", Nicole said, matter-of-factly.

"Yes Admiral, I am aware that the Valkyries can do both roles, but if there were to be a ground war as well as a fleet war, I would like to utilize one squadron for Ground Air Support of the Marines. We need more ships and more time...is there any way you can give this to me?" He was begging for more time. Sure, if the squadrons made it on board in full strength, there would be no problem, but he was still understaffed in that department, and the worry showed on his face.

Nicole could sense the worry in the the young Captain. She was no better. Inside, she was so scared but she knew that he needed reassurance.

"Captain Reed, you are already a hero of the people of the colony. We have faith in your abilities. The Romulans also have no clue on your manifest. You are holding all the cards. The Yang Liwei is an impressive ship. Thank you very much for your support. You can sleep well knowing you are control here.", Nicole responded.

"Very Well Admiral. Sleep well, I will keep an eye on the events for you..." the Captain said as he turned off the computer monitor, thus ending the conversation

In truth, she would not sleep well. She was offering asylum to a number of Anticans after one of their colonies fell through and she was offering them a place of peace and tranquility. In truth, there is a Romulan ground war going on with Romulan Advance Forces lobbing missiles into Vorta'Rome and in space, the tension is incredible.

Reed took a sip of Water he had next to his bed and his eyes gazed out of the window at the 3 warbirds just sitting in space. The only distraction from their position was the occasional firing of something towards planet side. His mind went to some of Nicole's words and he tapped his comm badge taht lay on his bed and began to speak.

=/= "Reed to Bridge...flood all tubes, and put 138 on Rotation. Let those pointy eared bastards think this Tiger has teeth...."=/=

And with that final order, he laid down and picked up a copy of a proposal he was working on. Putting his glasses where they belong, on his face, he started tor ead it over until finally the grip of sleep took him.

Posted by:

Captain Isaiah Reed
Commanding Officer
USS Yang Liwei
Phoenix Fleet

Vice Admiral Nicole Branson
Commanding Officer
Phoenix Colony
Phoenix Fleet
Back to top Go down

The Seige of Rome – Buying Time
Page 1 of 1