The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

In Service to the Kingdom

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Christine TNley

In Service to the Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: In Service to the Kingdom   In Service to the Kingdom EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 7:00 am

"I would be honored if you would agree to protect the colony of Camelot.", Nicole looked at Vincent.

"With what? For god's sake, Nicole.", Vincent snapped back.

"We can rebuild the King's Fleet.", Nicole looked at Vincent.

"Oh yeah. People will support me now. Three times in my career I have either given up or been stripped of my Fleet Command.", Vincent snapped.

"You have my support, Admiral.", Commodore Tan interrupted.

"Oh yeah, you are bound by service to your caste. That really helps.", Vincent snapped.

The portly clanner was devastated. He worshipped Vincent and what he represented.

"I am finished, Branson. I have nothing to offer you.", Vincent snapped and plunked down on the bench.

Vincent was staring at the viewer and the assignment board posted in the center of the promenade. Many former King's Fleet members had already left the station having had their ships or their crews reassigned. He knew that his name woud eventually come up and he would be heading to some stupid prison colony as the figurehead. He had accepted his lot in life.

He was staring at the floor when Commodore Tan's portly little body climbed on top of the tactical console, "Listen up!", he shouted.

"Hey, listen up!", Tan repeated himself as everyone looked.

"This is an old station orbiting a badly managed mining colony but it is something. What I am about to ask is not an easy one for you to answer and if you don't stand with us, you will not be blocked from leaving and the reassignment boards will not be taken down but listen up.", The Hierarchy Clanner announced.

Tan looked at Summer, "The King's Fleet needs a centerpiece. This could be that centerpiece. I am asking you to stand with me, to stand with Admiral Vincent Viceroy and take the station for our own. Many of you serving here have been stuck here because your careers have stalled or remain in limbo. You could be more. You could be part of the rebirth of the King's Fleet. You could be part of the protection of Camelot. Ask yourself, do you want to serve as a paper pusher in a reassignment center or as a guardian at the gates of Camelot!"

Vincent stood up, "Get down, Commodore. You cannot ask these people to stand against Starfleet."

"I am not asking them to stand against Starfleet, I am asking them to stand with the King's Fleet.", Tan looked at his mentor.

"Are you with me!?!", he shouted.

Admiral T'Ora was on Federation One heading for Earth when her aide came into the office bay, "Admiral, you may want to watch this."

The aide replayed the Tan speech on the HUD. T'Ora stood up, still fuming over her incidents with Branson, "Dammit, what ship is in the region?"

"The USS Chicago is the only vessel near Camelot. It is a small Miranda Class but it is close.", the Aide announced.

"We need a show of force. Dispatch the Chicago and warn the Starbase that rebellion will not be tolerated.", T'Ora was losing her patience for Branson and Viceroy.

The warning was played on all channels at booming volume. Tan waited for T'Ora's warning to fade and then repeated, "Are you with me?"

Summer climbed up and stood by her legendary life partner, "I am with you, Commodore."

Vincent looked at Summer, "You two are crazy."

He climbed up on the console, "I can't ask you to do this under pressure. Anyone is welcome to leave as soon as transport is available but I will stand with my good friend. He has more confidence in me than even I do."

The Operations Deck erupted in clapping, "We are with you. Long live the King!"

Vincent literally started to tear up at the show of support.

"This is Captain Wayne Johnson of the USS Chicago ordering the occupants of Starbase 756 to lower your shields and prepare to be boarded. Your surrender is expected immediately.", Captain Johnson announced.

"Your orders, Commodore.", Summer looked at Tan.

"Raise all shields and announce to the Chicago that there may be some officers who will require reassignment but the station is now occupied by the King's Fleet and is not welcoming boarders at this time.", Tan announced.

Johnson waited for orders from T'Ora and was stunned when he was told to target operations and prepare to fire.

"They are arming their weapons.', Summer announced.

"Shields to full.", Viceroy barked.

"This is Captain John Warren, Commanding Officer of the USS Quasar Quest, Starfleet Liaison Vessel assigned to the Betazoid Alliance to Captain Wayne Johnson of the USS Chicago. This territory is assigned to the Betazoid Alliance and action would be considered an act of aggression against the Betazoid Alliance and its member fleets. You are ordered, under the authority of Admiral Illyan Coren to stand down or prepare to engage.", John shouted.

Vincent smiled and grabbed the radio, "What the hell took you so long?"

"I had to stop to get a coffee.", John grinned.

Admiral T'Ora tossed her PADD at the HUD watching this play out, "Order the Chicago to stand down. Arrange a meeting with Coren immediately. The Betazoid Alliance is not permitted to steal Federation property."

The aide looked at T'Ora, "Starbase 756 was built by Admiral Alexander Laree, Ma'am. Technically, the station belongs to Betazed."

"Shut up.", T'Ora snapped, "And leave me alone!"

Posted by:

Admiral Vincent Viceroy
Commander In Chief
King's Fleet

Nicole Branson
Govenror
Camelot Colony
King's Fleet
Back to top Go down

In Service to the Kingdom
Page 1 of 1