The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Darkness of Oblivion – The Right Choice...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vincent Viceroy
Admin

Darkness of Oblivion – The Right Choice... Empty
PostSubject: Darkness of Oblivion – The Right Choice...   Darkness of Oblivion – The Right Choice... EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 5:57 am

Nicole wore her best Federation Dress Uniform but she wore her Phoenix Federation Purple pips proudly on her breast. She and Cleveland Powers walked down the corridors of Star Base 185 having arrived on a shuttle. The soft conversation was deafening.

"There she is.", came the words from a scrum.

"Someone should just kill her.", came another scrum.

Nicole was trying not to listen but she could not help herself. She was literally shaking in the fear that Federation forces would come running out and taking her down. She thought she had no support. She was in no man's land.

She and Cleveland disappeared into a preparation room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Preparation Room #1
Federation Courts
Star Base 185

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Listen, I am a Commodore. In 3 months, I will be Rear Admiral of the Typhon Task Force. Hell, with the death of Laurence Harris, I could be Rear Admiral this month. I don't need a damn tag along child.", Commodore Bruce Montgomery shouted to Federation lawyer.

"No, you listen, you impotent piss-ant. This is not about you. President Elect V'Ros wants to show the damn Phoenix Federation that they are nothing. They have to lose. We will get you a god damn nanny. You have make this child stay with us. It is a damn microcasm of the Federation. These wayward children, pathetic and unknowing are like the smaller systems. They need to be told where to go, what to say and where to freaking stand. You make that child want to be with you. If she wants a damn candy, you give her a damn candy.", the lawyer snapped.

Bruce said nothing. The lawyer handed him a sucker.

"Get your ass out there, Commodore. You razzle-dazzle that thing", the lawyer screamed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Federation Courtroom 215
Starbase 185

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cleveland Powers was amazing at what he did. He may be without honor. He may only do things that will benefit him. Even this case was not about the right thing or about Brenna Montgomery. This was about getting the prominent role of Mayor of Wells City.

Powers spoke glowingly about the Federation, about its history and about its liberated views. Powers spoke disparagingly about the potential for a republic knowing it would agitate the spectators.

The judge did not have much of a choice in the matter. If he sided with the Republic, Montgomery and his lawyers, it would appear that the courts had fallen to V'Ros. No one wanted that. The courts must remain independent or the Federation is falling faster than people believed. Powers had made this clear.

The courtroom entered into the promenade. The judge ordered enough room for Brenna to be able to see both parties. She would be permitted to choice.

Commodore Montgomery, his lawyer, the Federation lawyers and representatives of President Elect V'Ros stood there offering everything from candy to unlimited wealth.

Nicole stood there alone. She could offer none of these things.

Bruce knelt down and looked at Brenna, "Would you like to have a normal life on a star ship or would you like to have the mess that is the Colony? Would you like to have a life with a real daddy or would you like to have a weird, misguided life with a pair of lesbians? The other kids will ridicule you for having two mommies. Would you like that?"

Nicole was mortified. This was the 24th century. This language was from the 21st. She however said nothing. Cleveland had instructed her that the whole thing would be broadcast throughout the universe. This was as much a political event as it was a custody battle.

Everyone stood there on baited breath. Brenna had to chose.

Brenna looked at the judge. The courts too were hoping she would chose the Phoenix though they could never say it. The power of the courts must be independent of the republic. They are the last bastien of honor as V'Ros turns the Federation into his republic.

Brenna walked towards Bruce, drawing ohhss and ahhhhs from the crowd.

"Mr. Montgomery, you can keep your candy and you can have your star ship. I am going home with my mommy.", Brenna smiled.

She turned and ran towards Nicole. The swirling hug is one of the great moments in the history of the colony.

Nicole turned to leave. Four Federation security staff members stepped in front of her and Cleveland Powers. The judge glared at them. There was a long pause but soon they spread.

One of these young men ran back in front of Branson, "You are going to pay for Outpost 395, Bitch!!"

Nicole just kept walking. The young man spit in her face. Nicole was disgusted but just kept walking, "You are nothing, dyke!! Nothing!! Your federation is a joke. There is nothing of value in the Beta Quadrant. You can freaking have it. I would rather be a slave to the republic of the Vulcan V'Ros than be an independent, insignificant slug."

Cleveland grabbed her arm, "Don't respond."

Nicole turned around, little Brenna in her arms, "The Federation will never be destroyed from the outside; it will be destroyed from within, by giving up her freedoms. If anyone is interested, the colony can provide you a home, a free home and a home without oppression."

The image of little Brenna waving to the courtyard will be engrained in my mind forever.

Posted by:

Vice Admiral Nicole Branson
Proud Mother of Two Beautiful Girls
Phoenix Colony
Phoenix Federation
Back to top Go down
https://omegacolony.forumotion.net

Darkness of Oblivion – The Right Choice...
Page 1 of 1