The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Darkness of Oblivion – Descent Into Darkness

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bunny Branson

Darkness of Oblivion – Descent Into Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Darkness of Oblivion – Descent Into Darkness   Darkness of Oblivion – Descent Into Darkness EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 7:14 pm

I have tried to remain neutral, to follow the ideals of the honorable Admiral Tim Veltkamp, to take the high road and realize that defecting from the Federation is a poor decision. In the words of Commodore David Thomas, the materials belong to the Federation, the ships belong to the Federation and they would want them back.

The USS Independence already inflicted terrible damage on the city of Tokyo in the first example of the sheer power demonstrated by Star Fleet, the military branch of President Johnson's United Federation of Planets.

As a supporter of order, honor and justice, I reported on and supported the Judge Advocate General decision to remove Admiral William Hunt from his command. Admiral Hunt threatened to invade Romulan territory without the authority of his superiors. In truth, he had led others in this violation of the chain of command, USS Quasar Quest Captain John Warren, USS Delta Orion Colonel Merken Vreenak and the USS Andromeda Staff had also engaged in this clear violation of protocol.

Please don't misunderstand me. I am, in no way, supporting the Romulan invasion of the Phoenix Colony but in the words of Lt. Commander Anne Pierce, interim commanding officer of the USS Wrath of Achillies, "I thought we were above retribution."

The Omega News Network has been overtly critical of the leadership of this colony. Nicole Branson is a civil service brat, promoted because of her abilities to "suck up" and Commodore Vincent Viceroy is a busted down former Admiral; perfect to lead a colony in continual crisis. The truth however is that for the past year, the colony has not only survived, it has thrived. In that, I remain in shock.

The Omega News Network continues to report Federation News as well as the amazing images of Romulan War Birds on the Lily Pads, feeding the colony. It is an incredible site. ONN has not chosen sides, but recent happenings continue to bode support for the Phoenix Unification.

President Johnson shocked the Vulcan High Command by accepting only 40 Vulcans into the current Academy Class when that number is usually much closer to 4000. The Vulcan High Command has actually approached the Phoenix Colony about taking many of these students at Venice, the Vulcan Education Network Institute here in outright defiance of President Johnson. Johnson claimed that the more intelligent Vulcans were stealing opportunities from the humans. He shocked the Academy acceptance committee with these words, "The Federation has become too Vulcan"

The words have reverberated throughout the universe. President Johnson may very well have driven the Vulcans' to the Phoenix Unification with a single phrase given in the context of a much larger speech. This man has become the most derisive force in the Federation.

President Johnson appeared in San Francisco to discuss the decaying state of the United Federation of Planets in 2186 and his rant continued, "I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the citizens of the Federation: by defending myself against these aliens taking opportunities from all of us, I am fighting for the work of the human condition."

The words haunt me as a Romulan - Vulcan hybrid. The words haunt me as a citizen of the Federation. This man does not represent me, the Omega News Network or my views. In this zealotous behaviour, I am uncertain who he represents.

Watching the Federation Broadcasting Network, I heard words that will forever echo as the "descent into darkness" come from this man's mouth, "There must be no majority decisions, but only responsible persons, and the word 'council' must be restored to its original meaning. Surely every man will have advisers by his side, but the decision will be made by one man, the President."

Posted by:

Christine T'Nley
Omega News Network
Phoenix Colony
Phoenix Fleet
Back to top Go down

Darkness of Oblivion – Descent Into Darkness
Page 1 of 1