The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vulcan Independence – The Villa: Is it worth it?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vincent Viceroy
Admin

Vulcan Independence – The Villa: Is it worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Vulcan Independence – The Villa: Is it worth it?   Vulcan Independence – The Villa: Is it worth it? EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 6:48 pm

Commander T'tan walked into the offices of the Commodore. She was there to beg for help.

T'tan looked at the Commodore, "I would like the Phoenix Defence League to re-take the Villa."

"This is Vulcan territory. Colonel Brown will contain the Klingon occupation and nothing more.", Vincent responded.

"You don't understand. I have been told by the Vulcan Council that the use of resources to take a city and school on a distant world at the gateway to the Beta Quadrant is not a valid use of resources. My only leverage with the council was control over the Omega Sands and you took that from me.", T'tan responded.

"I have no other option.", T'tan frowned.

"Look, we are aware of your underhanded use of resources. We are now aware, thanks to Marcus Dinn of your involvement in Titan Industries and in the holding of Vulcan prisoners. Perhaps this is what you deserve.", Vincent stood up.

T'tan glared at him, "Listen, Commodore Viceroy. If you will not help, I will go to Cleveland Powers. You do not want Pirates and Mercenaries on the Colony. I will retake the city. I need to. With or without your help."

Vincent did not like to be bullied but T'tan was right. He did not want a bunch of mercenaries in his cities. He now knew that the air support for the occupation had been seriously hurt by loses at New Terra. The Klingons on the ground were alone.

"Commander, if we retake the city, it will be under Phoenix Federation authority. You may be permitted to operate your academy of Vulcan learning but you will only be operating not under Vulcan Independence but under our authority. Do you understand?", Vincent spoke firmly.

T'tan frowned. Was this what she had become, a humble servant? She had gone from a pre-eminent superpower first under the Empire of V'Ros to control of the Omega Sands and a powerful trader within the Beta Quadrant to begging for her city. She thought of things she had done, about prisoners, about migrant workers and about her heritage. It was a humbling experience.

The Vulcan looked at Vincent but did not speak.

Vincent grew more impatient, "Listen, sweetie. The Phoenix Defence League will take the city but once we are inside, there will be 100% transparency. All data storage will be seized including the Titan Industries data crystals."

T'tan hated being called "sweetie". She knew she was in no position to stand up to the Commodore.

She thought of the Governor's of the ancient Roman cities traveling to the capital to meet with General Pompey before Caesar to beg for protection in exchange for giving up their sovereignty. This was the Phoenix Colony in 2389. The cities were independent but bound to the colony by their need for defence. She would hate owing Vincent something but without the "Dogs of War" she would have no city at all.

The Vulcan looked at Vincent, "Very well, Commodore. The Villa is yours for the taking."

Vincent looked at T'tan, "Welcome to the Phoenix Colony, Commander."

T'tan could see the swagger in his tone. She hated it. She hated him.

Vincent tapped the console, "Colonel Brown, I will activate the USS Wrath of Prometheus, the USS Archangel and the USS Aries. Take the city!"

"As you wish, Commodore.", Colonel Belvedere Brown responded.

"Send the Klingons packing!", Vincent ordered.

"Yes, sir.", the marine grunted.

Posted by:

Commodore Vincent Viceroy
Military Commander In Chief
Phoenix Colony
Phoenix Federation
Back to top Go down
https://omegacolony.forumotion.net

Vulcan Independence – The Villa: Is it worth it?
Page 1 of 1