The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Brenna Bargaining Chip – Private Dick: Detective Vince Vincent

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vincent Viceroy
Admin

Brenna Bargaining Chip – Private Dick: Detective Vince Vincent Empty
PostSubject: Brenna Bargaining Chip – Private Dick: Detective Vince Vincent   Brenna Bargaining Chip – Private Dick: Detective Vince Vincent EmptySun May 09, 2010 7:40 pm

She was a beautiful dame who lit up the room when she entered my office. The sound of a tommy gun interrupted the silence. The family must be upset with someone tonight. The dame flung her hair back as she looked at Vince.

"Mr. Vincent, I need you to take a case. The case of a missing child.", the dame spoke in sultry tones.

"And whose child might this be?", Vincent asked.

"Mine.", the dame answered but her figure did not look like one who had birthed a child.

"And who is the father?", Vincent sleuthed.

"The father is Admiral Bruce Montgomery.", Nicole responded.

"The WW II war hero.", Vincent was aghast with the scenario.

"I adopted the child after his disgrace.", Nicole responded.

Vincent remembered the scandal. He remembered the photog Christine T'Nley snapping pictures of the disgraced Admiral being whisked away in a limosine in the rain. The image replayed in his head. Vincent looked at Nicole, "I will take the case. I will find the missing child."

The pair met over coffee two days hence. Nicole looked at Vincent, "Any luck?"

"A ruffian named Erson may be a suspect. He has been ruffling feathers for territory in the turf war.", Vince looked at Nicole.

"But you don't believe this Erson is involved.", Nicole read the detective.

"The family is involved.", Vince responded.

"What family?", Nicole looked puzzled.

"The mafia, the family. They are in the know on this one. They are using Erson as a cover to further their control of the city.", Vince tipped his hat.

Nicole got up to leave. Vincent looked at her, "Sit down. Its worse. I know the child. The child is also belonging to Magenta Coren-Branson, the daughter of the Illinois Governor. How can this be?"

"The birth records do not lie. The adoption is by Magenta Coren and Nicole Branson.", Vince quizzed the young dame.

"Tis true, Mr. Vincent. Magenta and I are lovers.", Nicole flung her hair back.

Vince shook his head in disgust. This was 1920s Chicago. This was a different world. Vince got up from the table tossing a couple of bucks, "You and your actions disgust me."

Nicole was awakened in her sleazy motel room a few days later, it was the detective and he was pissed. He slapped her down, "What have you done?"

Nicole lay on the floor in torment, "What?"

"The family has taken my child too. The family has taken my child.", Vince slapped Nicole again. It was her. She had brought this to his home. It was her lifestyle.

"I have got to find my baby.", Vince screamed leaving Nicole laying on the floor.

Vince went to the restaurant. The smell of canneloni filled the air. Vince went right up to the don and started screaming at him about the missing children. The boys, they stood up pulling their weapons.

"Easy, boys.", The Don responded.

"The man. He is upset.", The Don responded once more.

"How would you feel if one of your family were taken?", The Don grinned.

Vince looked at the Don, "Where is my child?"

"The ruse is simple, Mr. Vincent. Give up control of the city and you shall have your child.", The Don responded.

Vince looked at Don, "You know I cannot. The city cannot be given to the family."

"Then the deed is done. The deed is done.", The Don responded.

The gunmen brought the two children into the restaurant, in front of everyone. The Don screamed, "No one defies the family. No one, not the police and most certainly not some private dick."

The sound of sirens filled the air. One of the gunmen shouted, "Its the coppers."

The restaurant was filled with bullets. Vince dove from the children pulling them under the table as Commander T'Zohl and her band of coppers rained down on the Family. Vince covered the baby and coddled the child as screams were heard and bodies flew across the room. Vince looked into the eyes of the child and smiled, "Don't worry, my dear. This will all be over soon."

Nicole rushed into the Federation Complex War Room, "Where is Vincent?"

Elora looked at Nicole, "The Commodore went to Vorta'Rome."

"Without back-up?", Nicole hollered.

"He said it had to be this way.", Elora responded.

"Beam him back.", Nicole ordered.

"I cannot. His signal is garbled by multiple signatures.", Elora responded.

"Beam them all.", Acrylos looked at Elora trying to clean up the signal.

Nicole looked stunned as Vincent, Brenna and baby Nicole appeared on the war room table covered by glass and blood. Nicole grabbed Brenna, "Oh my god, sweetie are you okay?"

Brenna looked at Nicole, "I am. Uncle Vincent came to save me."

Nicole looked at the Commodore and started to cry, "Thank you."

Elizabeth, Eugenio and Magenta came walking in and hugged Brenna. Vincent looked at Eugenio and Elizabeth, "You told the Romulans where she was."

"You knew this. You wanted it to destroy the last connection between Magenta and Nicole. You did not want to come back here. Magenta did. Not necessarily for Nicole, but for Brenna. You knew if Brenna were to be killed, Magenta and Nicole would fight and you could take her back to Corinthian Station. You are not heroes, you are bastards.", Vincent screamed.

"Losing your child changes you. You are not welcome in my house. Leave!", the Commodore screamed.

"I am the Governor.", Eugenio screamed.

"Consider this a military coup then. If you don't leave this colony by nightfall. You will be executed for treason under military law.", Vincent screamed.

"My daughter could have been killed.", Vincent yelled.

"Our daughter has been taken from us.", Elizabeth screamed back, "Taken from us by Nicole Branson! She was once a vibrant soul and now she is bound by her relationship to this thing!"

Magenta started to cry, "I love Nicole."

Elizabeth turned to Magenta, "You can't love Nicole. You can't!"

Elizabeth grabbed the phaser from Acrylos belt and shot Magenta in the chest.

Vince walked into the hospital. The creaky 1920s beds scared him to death as he went to the intensive care unit to watch Dr. Greene perform the surgery. Captain Leo looked at Vince, "The family shot the Governor's daugther."

Vince knew the truth. He knew about the romance. He knew about the Governor's wife and her hatred of the mistress of Admiral Montgomery.

"Will she make it?", the detective asked the Chief of Police.

"We all pray for her.", Robert responded.

Dr. Greene walked out of the operating room and looked at the pair, "Chief, the bullet came from a custom gun and not some dime store tommy gun. No mafia shot the governor's daughter."

Robert looked at Vince and Dr. Greene, "Don't be foolish. The family tried to kill the governor's daughter and have even offered up a ruffian named Erson through a stooley. Case closed."

Christine T'Nley stood in front of the hospital, "Magenta Coren will survive! The daughter of Governor Eugenio Coren was wounded as part of her daring assistance in the heroic rescue of Brenna Montgomery, daughter of Nicole Branson and Admiral Bruce Montgomery. Coren was shot by Lyse Erson, a known thug and notorious crime syndicate member. According to Governor Coren, Erson will be charged with the abduction of the children and the attempted murder of Magenta Coren. Governor Coren also took the opportunity to resign from politics saying his family was far more important. This has been Christine Tenlay reporting for the Chicago Daily News."

Posted by:

Commodore Vincent Viceroy
Writing also as Detective Vince Vincent - Chicago 1920s
Military Commander In Chief
Phoenix Colony
Phoenix Federation

Vice President Nicole Branson
Phoenix Colony
Phoenix Federation

Christine T'Nley
Omega News Network
Phoenix Colony