The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Right Thing is Wrong...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vincent Viceroy
Admin

The Right Thing is Wrong... Empty
PostSubject: The Right Thing is Wrong...   The Right Thing is Wrong... EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 7:34 pm

Vincent walked into Nicole's former office, "What did you think they would do?"

Nicole looked at Vincent, "The right thing."

"Nicole, there are over a million Bajorans who live on Ephyra and watching you accept Ekosian Refugees, and worse yet builiding them their own city was more than they could bare. You had to know that they would repeal your mandate as Governor.", Vincent shook his head.

"These are not the militant Ekosians who fought a 100 years war with the Zeonites in the Zeon Sector. These are refugees who could no longer stand the tyranny of an Ekosian oppressive fascist government. Werner Heinrich is not Legate Anwar, he is a refugee.", Nicole explained.

"Just as the Cardassians you welcomed to Little Lakaria on Omega II. You are a compassionate person, Nicole. It is what makes you special but these Bajorans see only the oppression of their occupation by Cardassia, not only during the peak of the Union but the remnants of Legate Anwar's occupation of THIS year. THIS YEAR, Nicole.", Vincent almost scolded his counterpart.

"Acrylos will take care of the colony.", Vincent continued.

"If I learned one thing from my service with Admiral Tim Veltkamp, it is that we, in the Star Fleet colonization business, are here to provide a home for these people; for everyone. The goal of the United Federation of Planets is for everyone to have home, a place to belong. I would do it again, Vincent. Even if I had known that Nickel Nerah would come after me as Governor, I would still offer these refugees a home. I am the senior civilian representative of the United Federation of Planets. If I don't hold up the highest ideals of the Federation, who wlll?", Nicole glared at Vincent.

"What will you do?", Vincent asked.

"Jessamine Leo has planned to open a Leo's in Berlyn-Ekos, I am going to go and help her and Galley out there.", Nicole responded.

"I will get this figured out.", Acrylos walked in the Governor's office.

"This is your office now.", Nicole responded.

"No, Nicole. This is your office. You are the one who chose the right thing to do even when it was wrong for your career. These are the decisions that Ephyra and the entire region needs. We will figure this out.", Acrylos responded.

Nicole picked up the box and headed for the door. She paused for a moment and then walked out. She had accepted the refugees from Ekos. These people have adopted symbolism that many humans find offensive with their Fascist German culture. The Ekosians represent the totalitarian dominance that the Bajorans in the region know all too well.

What will become of Branson and what will become of the colony now...

Posted by:

Nicole Branson
Proprietor - Leo's - Berlyn-Ekos
Ephyra Colony
King's Fleet

Admiral Vincent Viceroy
Miltary Commander in Chief
Ephyra Colony
King's Fleet

Special Introduction of

Colonel Acrylos Teero
Governor