The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Look to the Skye

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vincent Viceroy
Admin

Look to the Skye Empty
PostSubject: Look to the Skye   Look to the Skye EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 6:57 pm

Nicole arrived at the hospital to find Orchid already in surgery to the damage caused by the removal of the Dr. Lasiter Lau Trill forcebly by Legate Anwar. There was such huge tension on the colony as Admiral Vincent Viceroy continued to threaten to retaliate with force against the Cardassian Union.

Nicole looked into the glass window of the operating theatre when Elizabeth came up, "Haven't you done enough?"

"What?", Nicole looked at Elizabeth.

"You have victimized the Coren family over and over again, Branson. We saved our Orchid and you nearly got her killed again. You have gotten her killed three times. Now we watch knowing she could die again. It would be your fault.", Elizabeth snarled.

"Illyan is taking his daughter back to First Corinthians as soon as she is healthy enough. To hell with the whole Emissary bullsh**, it is not worth it to have her here. He cannot lose her again. I promised him that I would make all the necessary arrangements.", Elizabeth growled.

Nicole felt her heart tear with each and every word. Zoe had left her for Vincent and now Orchid was returning to Betazed. Nicole would be alone again.

Nicole came each day as Dr. Skylight Greene worked feverishly to save the life of Dr. Orchid Coren. Each day that Nicole came, Elizabeth came to. She took the time to berate Branson as the "black widow" she was. Nicole would literally be moved to tears by the verbal barrage. The worst part is it was likely true. Whatever Nicole touched, whoever Nicole touched, it turned to tragedy. She brought the Ekosians here and now this mess has befallen everyone.

Nicole was standing outside the operating theatre awaiting the Dr. Skylight Greene briefing when Skye came out of the back, "Why do you put up with all that?"

"I deserve it.", Nicole responded, "I did get Orchid nearly killed."

"You don't deserve it Nicole. It was this place that did this. This is as much a tragedy for you as it is for the Coren family. You don't deserve their rage, you deserve their comfort.", Skye flicked Nicole's hair. They were once lovers and had an almost instantaneous connection.

Soon before each briefing update on Orchid's condition, they were walking and talking. Nicole felt a huge weight lift from her when Skye was around. She did not think the stress of Ephyra could ever be lifted from her shoulders again.

Nicole watched as the last briefing was read as Betazoid Officers and a Medical Technicians moved Orchid to a transfer shuttle. Dr. Greene had done an incredible job in getting her stable and safe for transport.

Nicole stood there still in medical fatigues from being on the intensive care ward. She waited for Skye behind the stage, "I guess this is it. I wanted to thank you for the last few days. You have helped me through a very difficult time in my life, Skye. I will always be grateful."

Nicole never expected the next response. She and Skye had a bitter battle over the seat of Governor on the Phoenix Colony. They ended on very bad terms. Skye looked at Nicole and kissed her very deeply.

Posted by:

Nicole Branson
Governor
Ephyra Colony
King's Fleet

Back to top Go down
https://omegacolony.forumotion.net

Look to the Skye
Page 1 of 1