The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Its a Mad, Mad World

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vincent Viceroy
Admin

Its a Mad, Mad World Empty
PostSubject: Its a Mad, Mad World   Its a Mad, Mad World EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 7:29 pm

Alexander looked at Loiza and Illyan as he showed them the amazing new Intrepid class ship that he was presenting them as a gift for their meritorious service. Alexander looked at Illyan, "We are not enemies, dear friend. I am not removing you from command of the station. I want you to be comfortable that your position here on Betazed."

Illyan nodded, still unsure if he could trust his former friend and former rival. Illyan looked at Alexander and Loiza.

Alexander put his hand on his good friend's shoulder remembering a time when he, Illyan, Vincent Viceroy and Gavin Viceroy first started construction of the Corinthian's Station in the 2380s. Time had caused them to drift apart but once they were considered the very voice of Starfleet in the region and the picture of what was good about the cooperation within the Federation worlds.

"There is one more thing.", Alexander watched as the Black Orchid went by revealing the name.

Loiza teared up and covered her mouth. Hulanen put her arm on her shoulders, "It is for you, Loiza."

Alexander looked at the couple, "This is not the surprise."

Alexander tapped his combadge, "Four to beam over."

Autumn Laree stood on the bridge of the Intrepid Variant and saluted, "Dignitaries on the bridge."

Her crew stood up. Autumn looked at Alexander, "Admiral."

Alexander looked at Autumn, "Computer, activate the AI Module."

The AI module appeared on the bridge of the Black Orchid.

Orchid stood there for a moment and then rushed over to Loiza giving her a hug, "Mom!"

Loiza looked at Alexander, "How?"

"The ship's main computer system was encoded with the memory engrams of Dr. T'Loridel Coren recorded in the First Corinthian's transporter logs. The AI interfaces with the main computer and actually believes she is Orchid Coren. For all intents and purposes, she is Dr. Orchid Coren, Chief Science Officer of the BAS Black Orchid.", Alexander explained.

Loiza looked at Orchid, "Would you come for supper with us?"

Loiza wiped the tears from her eyes, "Of course, mother. I would be honored."

On Starbase 756

"It is a great opportunity.", Summer looked at Vincent.

"But what about us?", Vincent looked at Summer.

"It was just a fling. I needed something after spending so much time with Major Tanus. I know now that I wanted a change. I thought it was just from Tanus but it is more than that. I need a real change. I am a Vasa. If the House of Vasa is ever going to be positioned to make a move for the Matriarchy, I need to be in service to the Betazoid Alliance.", Summer looked at Vincent.

"And what the hell am I supposed to do?", Vincent snapped, thinking about what he gave up.

"Maybe Colonel Beamon will take you back.", Summer continued to pack. She was on to bigger and better things now.

Vincent wandered from their quarters. He wondered what he had done.

He went down to the Officer's Lounge. Rear Admiral Tan and Sabrina Madison-Laree were sitting at one of the tables. Vincent grabbed a drink and sat down.

"I suppose you are leaving too.", Vincent looked at Sabrina.

"What and leave all this?", Sabrina looked around pointing at the windows.

"She has graciously accepted the position of Executive Officer and will also be promoted to Commander in the King's Fleet.", Tan smiled.

"Wonderful.", Vincent nodded, "Congratulations Commander."

Tracklerca came walking in. The Bzzt Khakt looked at both giants of the King's Fleet, "I just wanted to thank you for everything. This is my opportunity to serve with Dr. Dennyson. I have accepted the Flight Command aboard the Black Orchid."

Tan looked at Tracer, "It is a shame to lose a pilot of your talents."

"You still have Victory.", Tracer teased.

Vincent did not find it amuzing. He was still coming to grips with the his niece and Hierarchy Clanner.

On the Black Orchid

"And where is my Nikki?", Orchid looked puzzled at her mother.

"There is a problem.", Loiza looked at Orchid.

Loiza then weaved the sorrowful tale of Magenta and Lavender Coren, of too many others including Penny Prang'Laar, Olivia, Rosalie and Marcella Pan'Tarr. The legend of the Black Widow was spilled for all to see. Loiza looked at Orchid as she teared up with the stories.

"Poor Nikki.", Orchid empathically looked at her mother.

"I want to see her.", Orchid looked at Loiza.

"I will ask Elizabeth to make those arrangements. She has been trying to woo Nicole.", Loiza smiled.

"Auntie Elizabeth.", Orchid burst out laughing.

Loiza shared the laugh. The conversation then switched to between Illyan and the daughter he had missed so much. Orchid began to ask very technical questions about Avatar status. Illyan weaved the legendary tale of William Hunt and his Avatar significant other and the offspring Jenny.

Orchid looked at Illyan, "Does that mean I could have my Trista back too?"

"There is no memory engrams to encode in the projection.", Illyan explained.

"There must be a way.", Orchid professed.

"I think I need to speak to Colonel Teero. My memory banks include references to the Tacita Project. Though Loiza is the mother of my memories, Tacita is my mother. I am created in her image.", Orchid grinned.

It was amazing to have her back. They finished the wonderful meal (or at least the illusion of a wonderful meal for Orchid). Orchid looked at Loiza, "Would you make it possible for me to see my Nicole?"

"I will do what I can.", Loiza looked at Orchid, still in awe about how all this could occur.

"Be careful, Orchid.", Loiza looked at her reborn child.

"I will, Mom. I have 375 people to look out for now.", Orchid kissed Loiza on the forehead. For Orchid, it was a simple act but for Loiza it was a miracle.

Posted by:

Dr. Orchid Coren
BAS Black Orchid Artificial Intelligence
BAS Black Orchid
Betazoid Alliance

Special Guest Appearance by

Admiral Vincent Viceroy
Commander in Chief
King's Fleet

Back to top Go down
https://omegacolony.forumotion.net

Its a Mad, Mad World