The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Branson Broach

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vincent Viceroy
Admin

The Branson Broach Empty
PostSubject: The Branson Broach   The Branson Broach EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 6:05 pm

To Broach:

a. To bring up (a subject) for discussion or debate
b. To announce: We broached our plans for the new year

Vincent looked at Illyan, "Update Admiral Coren."

"The USS Quasar Quest was destroyed in the fire fight. We are on Cheron VI at the Federation Embassy in the Romulan Territory. The command staff of the Quest is here. We have no update on the status of the Vulcan Victory but we believe she is lost as well. The Klingon ground forces have landed on Cheron VI, Camelot and have entered the capital of Agora Novus. The marines have been driven from the city. We have no update on General Brown or any of the other units. General Kabarann is close to bringing the Klingon station on line which will restore the power outage created by the Pulse. All is lost.", Illyan frowned.

"Options?", Vincent looked around the room.

There was total silence. The Federation bastien in the neutral zone was now lost. Vincent put his hands on the table, "What about Branson? Where is she?"

"Unknown.", Coren looked puzzled.

"Send out a communique announcing that the Federation recognizes Nicole Branson as Governor of the colony of Camelot and primary charter holder for the colony constitution. Announce to the Romulans and the Klingons that all negotiations will be held with Nicole Branson as our emissary.", Vincent looked at Illyan.

"I don't understand.", Illyan looked at Vincent, "All is lost."

"You have no idea what she is capable of. She is a manipulative b**ch.", Vincent looked at Illyan.

"I have seen what she is capable of. I watched on the sidelines while she turned an abusive relationship with Admiral Bruce Montgomery into a Rear Admiral's seat. I have seen her turn a civil service position of Awards Coordinator into the head of the Omega Academy. I have watched her turn the role of Chancellor into a Governor of the Omega Colony. She turned the role of tiny governor into a founding father of the Phoenix Federation. She fought the Empire of V'Ros when the entire Federation was at risk. Make the Klingons and Romulans meet her in the capital. Sound stern, Illyan. Imagine you are talking to Elizabeth.", Vincent tried to inspire confidence despite worrying about the problem himself.

Vincent wanted the colony to continue. He needed the King's Fleet in the neutral zone. Neither the Klingons or Romulans see them as a threat. They serve as a valuable resource to Starfleet. It was in Branson's hands now.

Vincent walked into the private ready room. He looked into the camera, "General Brown, Update!"

"The Klingons and Romulans are battling over the capital. The fire fight is very intense. We are also involved. The Zombies of Colonel Beamon, the Dragons of Major Tanus and the Terror of Colonel Trmel have turned both sides on their head since the Klingons restored power. The Guerilla war continues as commanded.", General Brown responded.

"Excellent.", Viceroy smiled. Starfleet could not know he was condoning such tactics.

"General, turn the place into one large firefight. Praetor T'Ros and whatever Klingon representative they chose must see meeting with Branson as their only option. Believe me, Bell, I would not want to be in the room with her. She can negotiate from a position of weakness better than anyone I have ever met.", Viceroy smiled.

"Don't make war, General. Make CHAOS!!", Viceroy demanded.

Starfleet and the United Federation of Planets have always operated with a certain level of decorum. They have always behaved professionally and with class an dignity. This is not one of those times. Sometimes you just need to get your hands dirty.

On June 8, 2393, The Peace of Vorta Rojmab is announced. Under the agreement, loosely referred to as the Branson Broach, the Klingons and Romulans will use the city as a place to negotiate the terms of their tenuous peace. Under the agreement, both military superpowers will withdraw from Camelot but will retain a seat in a triumvirate under the authority of Governor Nicole Branson. Under the terms of the withdrawal, the Klingon Battle Station will be rechristened Starbase 756 and restored to the King's Fleet. Under the terms of the withdrawal, the Klingons will provide a replacement vessel for the USS Quasar Quest and the Romulans will provide a replacement for the USS Vulcan Victory. Under the terms of the peace accord, Camelot will be seen as Neutral and a meeting place for the Romulan, Klingon and the Federation. The protection of Camelot will then fall und the protection of the King's Fleet.

Part One Posted by:

Admiral Vincent Viceroy
Commander in Chief
Starfleet
Back to top Go down
https://omegacolony.forumotion.net

The Branson Broach
Page 1 of 1