The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Klingon Konnection – Ice and Snow

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vincent Viceroy
Admin

Klingon Konnection – Ice and Snow Empty
PostSubject: Klingon Konnection – Ice and Snow   Klingon Konnection – Ice and Snow EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 5:21 am

ON:

Sitting in a coffee shop across the Promenade from Oz, Marcus watched the foot traffic, getting a feel of the place. It was early in the day after signing the lease and he was anxious to get the place open for business. Pulling out his com unit from a jacket pocket he opened a channel to RICKS.

XON picked up on the first chime. “Yes Boss. How is it going?”

“Falling into place. The construction crew was up all night. The quartermaster was put out having to run stock in the place so late.”

Several people stopped to watch as a team of workers put up the Green Oz sign over the door.

“Did Branson get the permits we need for the Concert?” XON asked.

“Got them.”

“Good, her booking agent notified me late last night she is available next week. Seems a previous booking fell thru when the House of Dron had a bit of a falling out with the House of Zoria and they tore the entertainment hall down to the foundations.”

Marcus set his coffee down. “Good for us.”

“They were surprised we could come up with the Million credit security deposit.”

“I bet they were.”

“Did your new head bartender show up?” XON asked.

“What head bartender?”

“Oh damn, sorry I forgot to tell you last night. She should be there by now.”

Marcus stood up and paid his check. “I’ve been watching the place for an hour now, I didn’t see anyone come in.”

“Guess she’s late.”

“I don’t need people that are late XON.”

“Understood, I’ll keep looking. XON out” and the channel closed.

Marcus walked across the great hall and passed thru the doors down the narrow entrance. He inspected the bar, satisfied that everything he had ordered was in its proper place. A blinking light caught his eye and he looked up to see the Holo deck was in operation.

“What the hell?” he muttered to himself. Looking at the readout it was not a program he recognized. Who would want to play around on a freezing Ice Planet?”

“Computer, open arch.” he instructed and the doors parted slowly allowing him to step onto a frozen waste land. The wind was howling, the snow so thick he could hardly see.

Out of the driving snow the form of person appeared walking toward him. The wind died just a bit and he was faced with the most beautiful Orion woman he had ever laid eyes on. She carried a giant axe and swung it as easily around her as if it weighed only ounces. “Are you Mr. Dinn?” she shouted.

“You care to put that down?” he answered pointing at the battle axe.

She looked down at her weapon and raised an eyebrow “Why don’t you take if from me?”

Surprised at the challenge, “Oh, so that is the kind of interview this is to be.” he said taking off his jacket.

She swung the axe up over her shoulder and took a defensive stance. Without warning Marcus raced at her, deftly jumping up and over the axe as she brought it around aiming for his waist. With one fluid motion she spun on her feet allowing the weight of the weapon to pull her around and made another swipe at her prospective employer, the blade nicking the fabric of his shirt and drawing just a drop of blood before he could gain another inch of clearance.

She stopped and stared at him, smiling. He felt the tear in his shirt and looked up at her.

“I Don’t believe in safety protocols. Do you?”

Checking his footing he smiled back. “Shit no. Shall we do that again?”

This time as Marcus charged he anticipated the angle of her swing and grabbed the axe as it came down over her head. With a jerk the flipped the woman over into the snow and snapped the axe from her grip. Tossing the axe around and bringing it down to within an inch of her neck he stopped and held it there.

“Good.” she said. “I can’t stand working for some wimp.”

“So you are here for the bartenders position?”

“Head Bartender, I am. You can call me Cassandra.”

Without moving the battle axe. “Why Cassandra, would you wish to tend bar?”

“I like people.”

Marcus pressed the blade against her long neck. “Care to try again?”

“Information. There is a lot of information in a bar such as this for one that has ears.”

Marcus removed the blade from her neck and offered a hand to help her to her feet. Once she was standing up again he called out. “Computer, end program.”

The snow and wind disappeared and they were left standing on the black and white grid, the doors back out into the bar opened. Marcus waived his arm to signal her to proceed first. When they were back into the bar he tossed the heavy battle axe back to her.

“There is a condition of your employment.” he started.

“And that is?”

“Any information you gather for which ever trading company you are really working for, you pass to me first. I promise to use that information only to be sure your company’s interests and my own will not cross.”

“Fair. She took off her heavy coat and walked behind the bar. She placed the battle axe on a hanger and turned looking at Marcus. “Well, anything else?”

He was struck by her attire, or rather lack of it. Starting to say something he changed his mind. It was a place for young officers after all.

“No. I’ll leave you to it.”

As he walked away she called after him. “By the way, I don’t sleep with coworkers.”

“That’s alright.” He answered, “I don’t sleep with the hired help.”

Off:

Marcus Dinn
Owner of Ricks, Oz
Phoenix Colony
Phoenix Federation
Back to top Go down
https://omegacolony.forumotion.net

Klingon Konnection – Ice and Snow
Page 1 of 1