The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Time to leave childish things behind

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Christine TNley

Time to leave childish things behind Empty
PostSubject: Time to leave childish things behind   Time to leave childish things behind EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 7:37 pm

The black corporate shuttle craft landed on the roof of 1000 Phoenix Plaza so gently it was imperceptible to the passengers. The door opened automatically and Marcus Dinn and Mr. Steven Anderson exited and made their way to the top floor corporate offices.

Looking around the CEO's office Marcus walked over to the huge windows looking over the downtown area, the Covington River snaking away into the distance, dividing the metropolis in half. As he stood deep in thought Anderson pulled out several documents and laid them out on a table in front of an executive desk made of rare Andorian Teak.

Presently Anderson stood beside Marcus. "I know you never expected anything like this when you came here a couple of years ago."

Marcus replayed in his mind the signing of the contract on RICKS, only days after his arrival from Earth. So much had changed.

"The board of directors are not going to like this." Marcus said.

"The board has no choice in the matter. You are the principal shareholder. And..... there is no point in putting it off any longer. If I may....you can do so much more for the Colony here, than running a couple of bars."

"Are you so sure?"

Anderson squeezed Marcus's shoulder. "I'll be here to lean on if you need. But I think you'll do just fine."

Marcus sighed and turned to the documents laid out for his signature. He could feel Veronica's presence as he picked up the antique pen and signed the forms. Then he pressed his thumb next to each.

The last form formally changed the company's name. Marcus took a long time to scrawl his name at the bottom, taking in the responsibity it represented.

With that, the retired Starfleet Intelligence officer, who's only desire was to escape the politics and backstabbing of the Federation, became the most powerful Corporate Executive on the planet.

"Ok Mr. Anderson. Lets get some real work done."

Marcus Dinn
President and CEO of Dinn Industries.
Phoenix Colony
Phoenix Federation

Back to top Go down

Time to leave childish things behind
Page 1 of 1