The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Reconstruction over Destruction – Displacement Sale

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vincent Viceroy
Admin

Reconstruction over Destruction – Displacement Sale Empty
PostSubject: Reconstruction over Destruction – Displacement Sale   Reconstruction over Destruction – Displacement Sale EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 8:49 am

The Commune grand opening was tempered by the realization that Mary-Lou Cole's club was not always the biggest fish in the universe anymore. The rebuilding had taken longer than Mary-Lou had hoped and the adult audience she once owned was still able to go to RICKs for a more adult flare. She was rebuilding from the ground up.

To make matters worse, Antican investment had been on the rise as Paris becomes a place of choice for Anticans in the Beta Quadrant after the "Dogs of War" distinguish themselves for their ability to defend their city when others fail. The Antican Defence League is able to rise above even the Police Force in their ability to defend the city. There is money in Paris. That investment has lead to the creation of the "Dog Star" chain of clubs including one owned by several Antican women here in Omega Prime.

Christine sat in the back of the Commune. She smiled watching the club fill up. For many students, this was the last weekend before the Omega Academy opened up again. With the recent success of the Phoenix Task Force including the USS Wrath of Achilles, the USS Horton and others, and with the formal recognition of the Omega Academy as an acceptable school once again thanks to some excellent work by Chancellor Vincent Viceroy, the school is finally abuzz once again.

Christine was a bit startled when a handsome Antican came up to her, "I understand that you and Dr. Rochester Powers were quite close."

"Do I know you?", Christine asked.

"I am Cole Porter, Interim Mayor of Paris.", Cole responded.

"May I sit down?", he asked in all politeness.

"I understand you like our people.", Cole continued, ordering a glass of wine as the waiter went by.

"I have no prejudice, Mr. Porter. High moral standard is the essence of good reporting.", Christine boasted.

"I have something to show you, in confidence. You did not get this from me. My people would not think highly of someone speaking out against one of our finest citizens.", Cole explained.

"I know your sources are well placed and I believe you would recognize Mr. John Love who has been involved in both Human and Orion Slave trading for decades. As I understand it, our good friend, Mr. Cleveland Powers has been helping out people displaced by the Vulcan war by selling them to Mr. Love and removing them from the colony. I cannot stand for it, Ms. T'Nley. We did not survive the Borg onslaught at Antican B7 to fall pray to this bullsh**.", Cole grew more aggitated.

"I cannot be the one to expose him. My political career would be hampered if I brought forth this information.", Cole explained.

"Your honor is safe with me, Mr. Porter.", Christine explained.

"Dr. Rochester Powers was a bit of a mentor of mine. He spoke radiantly of your beauty, honor and grace. Even his words did not give you justice.", Cole suddenly switched tone to a seriously flirting demeanor.

"Down, boy.", Christine sarcastically responded. The dog word play did not endear her to the mayor.

Soon however the pair were talking about politics, fine wine and even interracial relationships. Christine stood up, "I believe Mr. Cleveland Powers will have some tap dancing to do tomorrow when I bust his chops with a critically important story."

"Thank you, Ms. T'Nley.", Cole reported.

"Mr. Porter, there is a gala for the grand reopening of the Veltkamp Building in the Village tomorrow. Would you do me the honor of attending on my arm?", Christine asked.

"I would love to.", Cole responded, standing up.

Posted by:

Christine T'Nley
Omega News Network
Phoenix Colony
Phoenix Fleet
Back to top Go down
https://omegacolony.forumotion.net

Reconstruction over Destruction – Displacement Sale
Page 1 of 1