The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Better Than Running

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vincent Viceroy
Admin

Better Than Running Empty
PostSubject: Better Than Running   Better Than Running EmptySat Sep 07, 2019 6:59 pm

Romulan servicemen and women were unloading shuttles on the surface of the barren planet of Cradol. Polly walked up to No’Bana, “Governor, is this is really a good idea?”

“My dear Polly, this is what we do. We take barren and abandoned places and we make them home.”, No’Bana smiled.

“There are many Romulans and many Federation servicemen and women who have been displaced by the status quo. We can offer them asylum.”, No’Bana offered.

“But they are mortal enemies.”, Polly offered.

“Bound by the same thing as us, my dear attaché. They have no other place to go.”, No’Bana bluntly announced.

Admiral Tan walked to the center of Cradol Station, “At least the reactors work. We can keep the lights on.”

Saehir looked at Tan, “The Romulan Star Empire builds things to last, Admiral. Like the empire itself, Cradol will survive the rest of time.”

Tan looked at the Romulan, “Ambassador Marrus, building something that lasts is not the best measure of a society. Maintaining the status quo serves no one.”

Saehir knew he was talking about his own experiences caste as only a communications officer before seeking asylum in the Federation and with Starfleet.

“Remember Section 31 Admiral Tan of the Hierarchy, maintenance of the status quo is now your job,”, Saehir burst his bubble.

“I know. I know. I know.”, Tan looked out as the USS Quasar Quest appeared on the horizon. He was so happy to be back in business but at what cost?

Saehir walked over and put her hand on his shoulder. She kissed his leathery brown skinned cheek, “Ours is not to question why?”

Tan looked at the Romulan. She had been an ambassador, a mayor, a colonial governor and even Praetor of the Romulan Star Empire but here she was serving as the Romulan Communications Officer aboard Cradol Station. She could still find a reason to smile,

Tan looked at the monitors monitoring the surface and watched as No’Bana Marrus directed traffic as a village started to form. Vincent Viceroy came walking up and looked at the scene playing out on the colony surface.

“We shall gather in a circle to celebrate this day and I shall build a table, a round table. And I shall build a hall about that table and a castle about that hall and we shall call it Camelot.”, Vincent smiled.

“All hail the King’s Fleet.”, Tan mouthed.

“All hail Section 31.”, Caitlin Wu joined them in Station Ops bursting their bubble.

Vincent looked at her. Caitlin smiled, “Your orders Admirals are to monitor and report for now. Do that well and ships will be added to your Section.”

“Aye, Agent Wu.”, Tan saluted mockingly.

Vincent just walked away.

Caitlin looked at Vincent, “It is better than just running.”

Vincent knew she was right. It did not make him happier but he knew she was right.

Posted by

Admiral Tan
Executive Commander
Cradol Station
Romulan Neutral Zone
Back to top Go down
https://omegacolony.forumotion.net

Better Than Running
Page 1 of 1