The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Commodore Tan Interview

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vincent Viceroy
Admin

The Commodore Tan Interview Empty
PostSubject: The Commodore Tan Interview   The Commodore Tan Interview EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 7:43 pm

Erica waited for Captain Alexander Paige and Commander T'Loridel to arrive before entering the main conference room on Governor's Station. She was not about to conduct the interview without an observer present. The goal is to demonstrate that the colony should be re-annexed by the United Federation of Planets. Any ammunition that could be used to show prejudice in the evaluation must be eliminated.

Summer walked with Tan to the Conference, "Easy big fella. They are gonna try to trip you up. To make you look like you don't support the colony or its leadership."

"I will be fine. I am certain they will be very nice.", Commodore Tan responded.

"I don't share your optimism, my dear.", the Betazoid rubbed his shoulder.

Tan walked in. Erica stood up, "Commodore, I believe you know Captain Paige and Commander T'Loridel."

Tan nodded and sat down. Erica looked at the Hierarchy clanner, "The questions are pretty straight forward. I will interject a bit on your answers but encourage you to be as honest as possible. Many interviews will be conducted so no one interview will sway the decision."

"Let us begin with Leadership Commitment.", Erica continued.

"Do you think the Phoenix Colony gets appropriate support from the Phoenix Federation overall Government?", Erica asked.

"When I left the Federation, President Hunt offered me the opportunity to operate Station Destiny. It is something I take a lot of pride in. Hunt has always been very supportive of me.", Tan smiled, looked at Paige.

"The orbital city was built in honor of the centerpiece of the King's Fleet in the Alpha Quadrant. This is more in honor of Rear Admiral Viceroy than to William Hunt.", Erica asked.

"Admiral Viceroy is a good man, but the station is simply just an addon to the colony.", Tan thought about what Summer said. Don't say too much. We don't want to give them any ammunition.

"Do you think the government of the Phoenix Colony is dedicated to its performance?", Erica asked.

"Commander T'tan is a fine lady. She holds the colony in very high regard and serves it with the greatest honor. She also shares a special bond with the Togres, the colony's original inhabitants.", Tan smiled.

"A special bond. She is dating their chieftan. She is hardly impartial.", Erica began to lose her cool.

Tan smiled, "The colony is a special place. Many of us have fond a special bond here."

Erica was growing more frustrated and tried a different tact.

"Do you think that citizens of the colony receive good quality training, right from being a young child to being an officer on a star ship?", Erica asked.

"I came here with 2 members of my senior staff from the Station Destiny and have had a ease filled and smooth transition. The Omega Academy, founded by Rear Admiral Jake Anderson, produces very fine young officers.", Tan responded.

"Yeah, fine enough to lose the Archangel.", Erica taunted.

Tan looked at Paige as he gave a little humpf. Tan wanted to bite but held his tongue.

"Do you think the colony neglects those who are not "smart" enough to be officers?", Erica prodded.

"Mr. Clinton is a fine friend of mine. He never attended the Academy. He is the Plant Manager of the Omega Prime Dilithium Processing Plant. A huge place. He is a fine man and a better father to Colby and Nicolas Vasa.", Tan smiled.

Erica kept trying to get the Clanner to get mad. She obviously did not know the even keeled brown skinned portly "Santa Claus".

"Can the colony provide for the basic needs of its inhabitants? Food, Shelter and Water or any species specific items?", Erica snapped.

Erica tried to ask the questions with increased pace to try to trip up the Clannder.

"The colony is a very special place offering those who had nothing a home. Look at Kalama, Osaka, Tokyo, Paris and Cairo. These refugees had nothing. Now they have homes, structure, honor and even an individual soul.", Tan smiled. His smile could fill the room.

"Are there checks and balances to make sure that no one is doing anything outside the colony charter or any illegal activities going on?", Erica snapped. She thought she could get the naive Hierarchy Clanner.

"Of course.", Tan simply responded.

"Than why is Ishka offering to make us a deal if he is made governor.", Erica blurted out.

"You know about that?", Tan asked, dumbfounded.

Erica thought she had Tan now.

"There are criminals in your midst, Commodore. What is being done about that?", Erica shouted, standing up.

"There are criminals here, Ms. Lavigne. A thief who stole AI technology from us. A bitch who tried to prosecute our Vice President and a fool who negotiates with a Ferengi crimelord.", Tan stood up too.

"What is the Emergency Response Plan? Would you feel safe in a crisis on the colony?", Erica shouted.

"Safe. I am safer here than in your precious Federation. Who came to your defence when the ROmulans were here?", Tan scolded.

"Sit down, Commodore. This is an interview not a trial.", Erica reminded the Clanner.

"Is the colony willing to evaluate its existence on an ongoing basis?", Erica snapped.

"We welcome your insight, Ma'am. We have changed Governor's on multiple occasions. If something is not working. We change it.", Tan smiled.

Summer walked in, "Commodore, you are needed at Station Ops."

"Sorry, Ms. Lavigne.", Tan stepped aside.

Tan stepped outside the room, "What is it, Commander?"

"Oh nothing, sweetie. I just thought you needed to get out of there.", Summer grinned.

Tan kissed her on the forehead, "I love you."

"I know.", Summer grinned.

Posted by:

Commodore Tan of the Hierarchy
Commanding Officer - Governor's Station
Phoenix Colony
Phoenix Federation

Back to top Go down
https://omegacolony.forumotion.net

The Commodore Tan Interview
Page 1 of 1