The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Black Hole Soul... – The Fall of Rome

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bunny Branson

Black Hole Soul... – The Fall of Rome Empty
PostSubject: Black Hole Soul... – The Fall of Rome   Black Hole Soul... – The Fall of Rome EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 7:07 pm

Nicole and S'Nii came wandering into the Omega Academy Chancellor's Office when Vincent snapped, "Have you seen this?"

Nicole wandered over with your young Vulcan protege. Christine was on the Subspace broadcast.

"The following image was obtained from the USS Yang Liwei, the Romulan War Bird, the Vulture's Vortex has fired upon its counterpart in orbit around the colony. It appears that the two Romulan vessels have been engaged in some sort of difficult negotiations. The Omega News Network will continue to provide details as they become available.", Christine spoke with her Vulcan eloquence. She was incredible at her job.

Commander Teero wandered into the office.

"I think you all should know that our espionage student left a calling card when she removed the engine for the Warp Core project blaming the other Romulan vessel for stealing the core.", Acrylos spoke, as he was joined in the offices by Lt. Mackenzie Smythe.

Mackenzie informed the group that based upon images from the New Netherlands construction project that the Romulan vessels were in a full fledged battle in orbit around the colony. Mackenzie also informed the group that the third vessel is bugging out, leaving only the two war birds in their fire fight.

Vincent looked at Nicole, "Captain Reed wants to know what to do."

Nicole was stunned, "Commander Teero, summon Commander T'Ros to the Federation Complex. Commodore Viceroy, inform Captain Reed to stand down. This is a Romulan problem. We do not wish to acknowledge our involvement in the scenario."

Vincent looked at Nicole, "Lie??"

Nicole smiled, "At least to the Romulans, yes."

Nicole, Vincent, Acrylos and Mackenzie crossed the campus to meet the Romulan at the Phoenix Colony headquarters in Omega Prime.

Commander T'Ros informed the Governor that this was an internal Romulan matter and of no concern of the Phoenix Fleet or its colony.

Nicole was mad, "That's what you said about the fires and you nearly killed us all."

The subspace delivery computer came on stream.

"The two warbirds are heavily damaged and in decaying orbit. It appears that they will collapse into the colony. Trajectory maps will be made available from the Department of Public Works. Please stay tuned or log into public works LCARS. The ships will be crashing into the planet. This is a state of emergency."

Christine continued to speak and then boarded a shuttle to get a closer look.

Nicole was furious, "Commander T'Ros, what the hell is going on?"

The Romulan did not answer. Nicole looked at Vincent and then glared at the Romulan, "What the hell is going on?"

S'Nii was very impressed with Nicole. She did not know the always crying and quickly discouraged Nicole. She only knew this Nicole, upset and billigerent in her attack on the Romulans.

Commander T'Ros walked over to Nicole, "Listen, the Romulan authority surrounding the Phoenix Colony and the territory provided by you, Vice Admiral is clearly defined. This is a Romulan matter."

Nicole pushed back, "If the f**king ships crash into one of my cities, it is a Federation matter and will require response. I need the specific warp signatures so we can track their trajectory and shoot them down."

Commander T'Ros snarled, "It is not Romulan practice to provide specific ship information to the Federation. Do you understand, Vice Admiral!"

Vincent looked at Nicole, "We will scramble the Squadrons from the swarm and solve this problem."

"And spread debris all over my colony. No freaking way. We need the New Netherlands to fire on the ships or the Yang Liwei itself.", Nicole was sharply in charge of the situation.

Commander T'Ros turned away and walked towards the door. She was about to leave when Sgt. Robert E. Leo of the Omega Emergency Services entered the corridor, "Governor, I am sorry to interrupt but evacuation plans are being established for Omega Prime, Boston and Wells City. Do you have any plans for Vorta'Rome, it appears the Vulture's Vortex will contact the city center?"

Commander T'Ros turned to the Caitain, "What?"

"The trajectory maps provided by Lt. Mackenzie Smythe indicate that the larger of the two vessels and the one still equipped with a decaying black hole warp core will hit Vorta' Rome.", Sgt. Leo informed the group.

Commander T'Ros turned around, "If the Romulan consolate provides the ship signatures, can you destroy them in space?"

Nicole smiled, seeing a strong change in the Romulan, "We can. We will broadcast the signature to the USS Yang Liwei and they will fire on the decaying ships."

Commander Teero snapped, "If the warp exposure occurs on the planet surface, we will see a terror worse than our Omega Incident. We need to divert the falling ship to the deserts near Boston."

Commander T'Ros yelled, "You need to destroy the ships."

Commander T'Ros tapped her COMM badge and spoke in Romulan. The LCARS database began to show a series of numbers. Commodore Viceroy grabbed a PADD and began entering the data transferring it to the USS Yang Liwei.

Nicole tapped her COMM badge.

=/= Computer... Secure channel =/=

=/= Channel Secured =/=

=A= Captain Reed, thank you very much for your assistance in the blockade but we require more of your services =A=

=A= Yes, Admiral =A=

Captain Reed, the eager and ingenious commander of the USS Yang Liwei responded. The Fighter Commander for the entire Phoenix Fleet was more than willing to provide assistance.

=A= Captain Reed, the Federation Complex here at Omega Prime has provided two Romulan Ship Signatures. Please track these signatures and destroy the vessels, IMMEDIATELY =A=

The worrisome and crying Nicole was returning as her voice cracked with fear as she gave the order. She thought about the chaos that would result if one of these giants fell into one of the cities.

Nicole turned to Sgt. Leo, "Begin the evacuations immediately. Try to remain as orderly as possible, Robert."

"As you wish, Vice Admiral.", the Caitain responded.

=A= Admiral, my staff have entered the signatures. It will be done. =A=

The confidence that Captain Reed displayed helped Nicole as the congregation moved outside to watch the skies light up as the two ships were destroyed in low orbit. Streaks of debris filled the sky.

=A= Well done, Captain Reed. Well done. =A=

Nicole broadcast on all frequencies. The entire Star Fleet Staff on the colony needed to know who saved them.

Commander T'Ros looked at Nicole, "This internal matter has strained the relationship between Vorta'Rome and the Romulan Star Empire. We are apparently cut off, Vice Admiral."

Nicole smiled, "Alone are we?"

She was literally taunting her Romulan counterpart. Commander T'Ros stormed from the Complex.

Robert slowly returned, passing by the Romulan in the hallway. He walked in and looked at the leadership.

"Well played, Nicole. I got your PADD transmission regarding the trajectory. I wondered how you could possibly know the trajectories.", Robert smiled.

"I had no clue. I just wanted "Rosey" to think that Vorta'Rome was the target. How the hell could you predict where a ship would fall.", Nicole giggled.

S'Nii actually cracked a smile in admiration of the old fashion shell game.

Acrylos looked at Nicole and shook his head, "There were no evacuation plans?"

Nicole smiled, "No. How the heck were we going to get them ready fast enough?"

Mackenzie looked on, "You played us all."

Nicole giggled and brushed by the Caitain, her protege S'Nii in tow.

Vincent looked at the remaining group, "I will never understand that young lady. One day, she is in here slumping on the floor in tears, like a bump on a log and today, she is not only absolutely in charge, she is overtly competent."

Acrylos looked at Mackenzie, obviously flirting, "Women..."

Mackenzie giggled in sheer respect of Nicole.

Christine came walking into the complex, "Where is Branson?"

"She left.", Vincent responded.

"Damn.", Christine retorted, "I was hoping to get a statement."

"Do you want a statement? Here you go. Through the genius and diplomacy of Vice Admiral Nicole Branson, a crisis of epic proportions has been averted."

Christine looked at Vincent, "No?!"

Christine continued, "She is an idiot."

Robert smiled, "No, she just plays one for your benefit."

The Caitain winked as he passed by the reporter.

Christine was furious, unable to catch Nicole on this one.

Commander Teero smiled, "Lt. Smythe and I will be on clean up Ma'am, you are welcome to tag along."

The Bajoran enjoyed taunting the reporter as much as the others. Christine was very good at calling into question their performance. This time she was scooped.

Nicole walked into the Governor's Mansion with S'Nii. She slowly removed her uniform top, taking a moment to grab her COMM badge.

She stood there wearing only a Star Fleet issue sports bra and spoke into the COMM badge.

=A= Thank you, Captain Reed. You are my new hero =A=

Nicole tossed the COMM badge on the bed and raised her arms above her head to stretch. She felt the warm of a pair of hands reach around her abdomen. She slowly turned to see her student protege.

"I thought Vulcans did not show emotion or affection.", Nicole smiled.

"I am in your debt and your service. I know you like it.", S'Nii slowly rubbed her hands on the back of the Admiral.

Nicole smiled, "I do but not out of respect my dear. You need to do this out of affection and you are not ready for that."

Nicole pushed her arms down and walked away. S'Nii only wanted to impress the Vice Admiral. She thought this was the way.

Nicole was infatuated with her student protege but she wanted her out of love, not out of obligation.

It had been a long day. She just needed a shower.

Posted by:

Vice Admiral Nicole Branson
Territory Omega Governor
Phoenix Colony
Phoenix Fleet

Commodore Vincent Viceroy
Omega Prime Mayor and Omega Academy Chancellor
Phoenix Colony
Phoenix Fleet

Commander Acrylos Teero
Public Works Commissioner
Phoenix Colony