The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Life Is Cruel

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bunny Branson

Life Is Cruel Empty
PostSubject: Life Is Cruel   Life Is Cruel EmptySat Mar 30, 2019 7:44 pm

Zek walked into his bar aboard the Quest. D’Tall sat at the end of the bar. The Orion just came in and sat there. She and Zek were a couple but not close. They were just sorta stuck with each other.

Shortly after opening, Tan and Vanessa showed up. He sat down and ordered a beer.

Vincent Viceroy. The Vincent Viceroy came walking in. He looked at Admiral Tan, “Hello old friend.”

Tan looked at him, “Admiral…. But how?”

“We were told you would never leave a desk again. This was all your fault.”, Tan looked puzzled.

“I had surrendered to that too.”, Vincent looked to the entry way as the Bird Like Ambassador Gabvron Reolle came walking in.

“Until she came to get some paperwork from my civil servant’s office.”, Vincent smiled and then kissed the beak of the duck billed alien.

“Ambassador Gabvron Reolle, these are the guys.”, Vincent chuckled.

“Hello guys.”, Gabby giggled, “And call me Gabby.”

“She knew our history and she knows what Nicole did for the citizens of Talos IV. She knows that Branson Beauty and service in the King’s Fleet helped elevate her people. She had some prescribed travels and would not go without me.”, Vincent explained.

“And how are we to know that she will not betray the location of the Quest?”, D’Tall asked. Everyone was thinking it.

“Because I love you guys.”, Gabby responded.

“And how are we to know that the Ambassadorial Shuttle was not followed or traced?”, Robert E.Leo, the Head of Security walked in. He had heard of the shuttle landing.

“My location beacon has been removed to allow me not to be detected on new contacts.”, Gabby looked at the Caitian. Robert just glared at her. Cats eat birds! Natural enemies.

“It better not betray our location. Starfleet and Section 31 would love to see the Quest removed from the Star Map.” , Robert warned the Talosoan Ambassador.

Gabby winked. Robert was far from impressed.

Nicole came walking in. She saw Vincent and started to cry. It was like young lady who had not seen her father in a long time. He held her as he always had.

Gabby looked at her. Her own eyes glassed over. She grabbed Nicole and hugged her, “Thank you, Governor.”

“Oh it’s just Nicole now. I wait tables in the galley.”, Branson looked at Gabby.

“I am Ambassador Gabvron Reolle of Talos IV.”, Gabby introduced herself, “I am forever in your debt. My people were little more than a footnote in Starfleet history until you allowed us to become more in the colonies you’ve operated. Your doctoral thesis on humanizing other alien races is considered required medical learning on the worlds of the Talosian Birds. You are an icon and my dear Nicole, you will always be our President Emeritus.”

Nicole smiled. Gabby hugged her again.

Nicole gathered herself, “Branson Beauty Is now considered humanocentric and almost fascist because it forces aliens like the Tellarites or Talosians to be more human to be accepted. It is considered barbarism by many worlds now. I am an outcast and a pariah.”

Gabby spun around showing off her anthropomorphized body, “Do I look like a freak to you?”

“Not to me.”, Vincent teaser.

“Not fair.”, Gabby teased.

Tan looked at her puzzled.

Gabby smiled, “He has special insight. He has seen me naked.”

The Talosian sat on the lap of the legend turned civil servant.

Gabby ordered a beer. Polly joined the group ordering a beer in the language of the Talosians. Gabby was very impressed. She acknowledged Polly.

C810-P0 smiled, “I am a Protocol Droid fluent in over 3000 forms of communication.”

Nicole punched Polly in the arm. Polly looked at Nicole, “Whoops, sorry. I am a Soognian Android built by Colonel Acrylos Teero of Bajor.”

“No way!”, Gabby shouted, “The stories are true. There is a Rift survivor. We must chat.”

Polly smiled and soon they were engaged in a long conversation about the Galactic Empire, the Rebellion, and the chaos that followed. Gabby was enthralled by the story. Who wouldn’t be?

Nicole sat with Vincent as he described life strapped to a desk. Nicole described washing dishes for Galileo Leo. These are two of the greatest explorers of this century and this is what they have been reduced too. Life can be so cruel.

Posted by

Ambassador Gabvron Reolle
Talos IV Ambassador
United Federation of Planets
Back to top Go down

Life Is Cruel
Page 1 of 1