The Colony of Camelot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colony News, Personal Logs and Mission Logs

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Shield

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vincent Viceroy
Admin

The Shield Empty
PostSubject: The Shield   The Shield EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 7:10 pm

"That was close.", Tania gasped as the Tanmesad dropped out of warp having just outrun a warbird on the fringe of the Cheron demilitarized zone.

"Impressive with Acrylos on the surface.", Tania smiled.

"That it was.", Vash gave a half smile.

Tania could read that something was up. She looked at Tiara, "Helm, calculate the rate of acceleration from impulse speed to Warp 8.5."

Tiara looked at Vash. She understood the reference. Vash looked at Tania, "Perhaps a glass of Kanar to celebrate our escape."

"Vash!", Tania exclaimed. He could tell she was upset.

"Avril is my friend.", Vash calmly answered with Cardassian smugness.

"More than friend.", the brash Caitian Cu'Gr interrupted.

"Vash, a prisoner had to die to enrich the Dilithium!", Tania shouted.

"A prisoner already sentenced to death.", Vash reverted to that Cardassian arrogance that justified the occupation of Bajor and the keeping of Comfort Women.

Tania's skin crawled. She glared at Vash, "I know about the Archangel. I know about Captain S'Nii's decision. This is now the standard. Vent the remaining enriched Dilithium to atmosphere!"

Vash looked at her, "You were Borg. You must understand the needs of the collective outweigh the needs of the individual. They are criminals."

"So you are saying that the Borg was justified in taking me from the Yellowstone and killing my husband and leaving my two daughters lost in space because the collective is more important. My daughters lived without a mother because of the collective. What of Lashanra? Do it or we are through and I am through on the Tanmesad!", Tania snapped.

Vash took a deep breath. He would do anything to keep the Tanmesad alive. It was his baby. He looked out at the edge of Romulan space and the dangers of life in Romulan Space. The enriched Dilithium would be such a valuable asset. As a Cardassian, he wanted to tell Commander Branson to pack her stuff.

He was not just a Cardassian any,ore. He had grown to be a part of something bigger. He looked back at Tania and Tiara. He rubbed his face with his hands.

Tania couldn't wait any longer, "I will pack for Starbase 756 immediately."

"Wait!!", Vash exclaimed.

"Tiara vent the Dilithium storage and destroy the residual. The Tanmesad will survive, as she always has, on the merits of her crew and not on the deaths of others.", Vash ordered.

Tania walked over and kissed him on the cheek, "A shield is best used to protect life not to take life."

The homage to the English translation of Tanmesad was the perfect sentiment for the incident.

Posted By:

Commander Tania Branson
Executive Officer
USS / CGV Tanmesad
King's Fleet

Inspired by the incredible post about the Archangel crew by

Christine T'Nley
Reporter - RDTV
Camelot
King's Fleet
Back to top Go down
https://omegacolony.forumotion.net